Progression to FCIM requires:
- MCIM level and successful completion of the CIM Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing qualification, together with ten years in a senior marketing management position (five years at, or close to, board level, and having held Chartered Marketer status for five consecutive years), OR
- Successful completion of the CIM Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing qualification or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the board AND holding the position of Professor or Reader, or an equivalent position acceptable to the board, for a period of at least five years.
OR, Holding MCIM level, plus:
- 15 years significant marketing experience with five years at, or close to, board level, OR
- 15 years significant marketing experience in a marketing consultancy with five years as a senior consultant, or close to, board level.
OR, 15 years proven marketing experience in a:
- Sustained senior strategic marketing position including ten years at, or close to, board level, OR
- Marketing consultancy with at least ten years as a senior consultant, working with clients at a strategic level at, or close to, board level.
If you wish to apply for FCIM membership, you need to provide:
- A completed upgrade application form signed by your line manager or business referee.
- A full CV signed by your line manager or business referee.
- Copy of company organisation chart showing your position and your reports.
- Copy of your job description.
- Details of the marketing budget and plan for which you have direct responsibility.
- Evidence of management and links with the industry.
- Faculty department size, staff and students, your role and responsibilities.
- Nature of programs - specifically marketing.
- Research activity, grants obtained, specifying the source.
- Evidence of how your business has developed during the past five years.
- List of clients where work has been undertaken in the past 18 months.
- Details of projects carried out during this time.
- Details of your company revenue.
Following your application, an external assessor will determine your grade.
We will observe strict commercial confidentiality at all times and will return any documents if requested.
If you require any further information, please don't hesitate to contact the Customer Experience team.