All applicants for admission to MCIM must be employed in a marketing related role and have met one of the following criteria:
- Completion of the CIM Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing qualification or the equivalent from another institute acceptable to the board, together with five years of marketing experience at management level, OR
- Completion of the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing or Diploma in Professional Marketing qualification or the equivalent from another institute acceptable to the board, together with seven years of marketing experience at management level, OR
- Via experience only - requires working at an operational level influencing marketing strategy for ten years, seven years at management level, OR
- Via marketing education - completion of the CIM Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing qualification or the equivalent from another institute acceptable to the board, together with two years of marketing teaching experience and three years of practical marketing/consultancy experience.
As a MCIM, you can enjoy membership benefits including discounts on our training courses; free legal advice; and the opportunity to be part of a sector interest group (SIG).
To apply for MCIM membership, you need to provide:
- Your current and up-to-date CV, including relevant dates, signed and verified by your line manager or equivalent at your present company. (If you are self-employed or the head of an organisation, the referee may be a previous employer or professional adviser.)
- Copies of relevant academic qualifications and transcripts (if applicable).
- Job description and business card.
If you wish to apply for MCIM membership via the experience only route, the following information must be supplied for consideration by the panel.
- A completed upgrade/application form signed by your line manager/ business referee.
- A full CV signed by your current line manager/ business referee. Please include start and end dates of employment, including months and years.
- Copies of academic qualifications plus transcripts if marketing/business related.
- Copy of company organisation chart showing your position and your reports.
- Copy of your job description.
- Details of the marketing budget for which you have direct responsibility.
- Copy of your business/marketing plan for the current year.
- Details of campaigns for which you have been responsible during the previous 12 months and results that have been achieved.
- Samples of media advertising, sales brochures, for which you have been responsible.
- If you are a consultant, a list of clients worked for in the past 12 months, together with details /copies of work carried out.
Following your application, an external assessor will determine your grade.
We will observe strict commercial confidentiality at all times and will return any documents if requested.
If you require any further information, please don't hesitate to contact the Customer Experience team.