Through this module, you will build your understanding of the importance of customer relationships and discover the way in which marketing communications can be used as a tool of engagement.
Aims of the module
This module provides an understanding of how marketing communications can be used in practice to engage with customers. It enables appreciation of the customer and considers the importance of the nature of relationships and how they are managed and monitored. You will gain knowledge and understanding of the purpose and process of marketing communications, and the range of tools available. You will also explore how to develop a successful marketing communications campaign and learn how the campaign can be put into practice.
Three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria (weighting indicated in brackets). By the end of this module you should:
Unit 1: Who are customers?
- Have an understanding of different types of customer (15%).
- Understand the nature and importance of customer relationships (15%).
Unit 2: Communicating with customers
- Know the purpose and process of marketing communications (10%).
- Understand the range of different marketing communications tools available (30%).
Unit 3: Creating a marketing communications campaign
- Be able to create an outline marketing communications campaign (20%).
- Be able to implement the marketing communications campaign (10%).
You will be asked to submit a seven page assignment based on a given scenario and an organisation of choice. This assignment is broken down into three tasks.
Explore the full Foundation Certificate in Marketing qualification.