April 11, 2018
9:00 AM - Basingstoke
This interactive beginners session aimed at marketing and IT professionals responsible for website content and performance reporting, provides delegates with the basic skills needed to confidently interrogate and interpret key performance data to enhance management decision making.
By the end of the session delegates will be able to:
• Interpret the GA dashboard and set time spans.
• Navigate the GA menus to key areas of information (e.g. page visits) and correctly interpret the data.
• Plot visitor journeys from entry to exit points and identify ‘hot’ and ‘cold’ spots.
• Consider setting appropriate journey goals.
• Export management reports and be able to explain them.
• What do I/we need from GA? - Identifying and agreeing the priorities.
• How do I find my way around? - Getting comfortable with the dashboard and navigation.
• How do I understand what’s there? - Drilling down into priority areas, interpreting the data and identifying website improvement opportunities.
• How can I adapt it to my needs? - Setting journey goals and alerts.
• How can I effectively share the information? - Creating PDF/excel reports for management.
This workshop is a hands-on, practical session with individual and group participation work included.
Delegates should ensure they bring their Google login details and the ability to authenticate them. To fully participate, delegates should check that their Google Analytics account is correctly integrated and functioning ahead of the session. Computers will be provided, however if you have a laptop/tablet device please bring this along to the session.
CPD category: Digital integration
Duration: 3.5 hours
Registration and networking is from 09:00, the event starts at 09:30 and finishes at 13:00. If you are non-EU resident please call the Network Support team to make your booking.