Event starts indays hours minutes 0 seconds
Your graduation marks the beginning of your future career.
Your graduation is more than just a day of donning ceremonial robes and celebrating. It marks the beginning of your future career and your relationship with CIM. But to make sure you can enjoy the day itself without a glitch, we’ve pieced together all the information you need.
This event is by invitation only and is for graduates who have passed their last exam in July/December 2016 and April 2017 for the following qualifications:
Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
Diploma in Professional Marketing
Graduates would’ve received their invitation to attend the ceremony by email on the following dates:
|Qualification||International graduates||UK graduates|
Chartered/Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing/Diploma in Strategic Sales Practice
Professional Diploma/Diploma in Professional Marketing
|09:00 - 10:30||Registration, robe collection and photography (see more details in the next section)|
|11:00 - 11:15||Graduates and guests to be seated in the Assembly Hall|
|11:30 - 12:30||Graduation Ceremony|
|13:00 - 13:30||Robe return|
|13:30 - 14:00||Close|
On the day
Please complete steps 1-5 below covering registration, robe collection and photography before 11:00 – late arrivals will not be able to take part in the ceremony.
Step 1: Registration
We recommend that you register early to avoid long queues. Please have your confirmation email ready to show the registration desk where you will be given:
- Your registration ticket which will state your allocated seat number for the ceremony. Please keep this ticket with you throughout the event and ensure you sit in the seat allocated – this is essential so that your name is called out at the correct time.
- A ticket for each of your guests indicating which level and area they should sit in for the ceremony. Please note there are no specific seat numbers for guests.
- Your Graduation Ceremony brochure.
Step 2: Robe collection – delegates only
- Please collect your robe from Ede & Ravenscroft located in the Robert Runcie Room on the lower ground floor.
- Graduates go directly to the lower ground floor using the staircase next to the registration. Alternatively, lifts will be available and our stewards will direct you to them.
Step 3: Guests waiting
In the meantime, guests proceed to one of the two catering areas (one on the ground floor, one on the first floor) where they wait for graduates while they collect their robe.
Step 4: Reunion with guests
Graduates reunite with their guests in the catering areas. All can then proceed to the photography on the ground floor.
Step 5: Photography
After collecting your robe, if you would like an official photograph, proceed with your guests to Tempest Photography on the ground floor. Photography will close at 11:00.
Step 6: Seated in the Assembly Hall
- The Assembly Hall doors open at 11:00. Please make your way to the hall on the first floor for seating and have your ticket ready to show the stewards. You will be shown directly to your allocated seat and your guests to the relevant floor levels (first floor or Gallery).
- Ensure that your seat number matches the number on your ticket.
- Please be seated by 11:15 – you are required to wear your robe and mortarboard hat throughout the Graduation Ceremony.
Step 7: Graduation Ceremony starts
- You must remain in the Assembly Hall until the ceremony ends. Expected finishing time is 12:30.
- Depending on the qualification you have passed and on surname alphabetical order, the stewards will ask you to create a queue in preparation for you being called onto the stage. You will then need to return to your seat.
Step 8: Robe return
All hired robes must be returned to Ede & Ravenscroft on the lower ground floor (where originally collected) by 13:30.
Step 9: Close
We hope you will have enjoyed your Graduation Ceremony and wish you all the best for your future career.
Bookings have now closed for the Graduation Ceremony, however if you still wish to register, please email email@example.com to be added to the waiting list, where we will do our best to allocate you a place.
All graduates who have booked to attend will receive an acknowledgement soon after and will be sent confirmation details and a detailed programme for the day by email on 16 October 2017.
Graduates will collect tickets for themselves and their guests when registering at the venue on the day. Please note that regrettably children under eight are not permitted into the auditorium.
Cancellation and refund policy
Guest tickets are non-refundable four weeks prior to the event. The last day for refunds is 06 October 2017. Refund requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is compulsory for all graduates to wear a robe for the Graduation Ceremony. The robe hire service is available through Ede & Ravenscroft. Place your order and payment directly with them online (see related websites) or over the phone by calling +44 (0)1223 861854. Please note we cannot organise payment for you. Orders for robe hire should be placed by 06 October 2017. When placing your robe order, please quote your relevant qualification in full as a specific robe will be allocated to you.
Please ensure you wear smart business attire under your robe.
Specialist graduation photographers, Ede & Ravenscroft, will be available on the day of the ceremony. Full details are available on their website. You are able to book your prints in advance or on the day itself. As a guide, prices start from £30 depending on size, frames, quantity, etc.
A range of graduation merchandise is available from Campus Clothing. The site features a range of CIM branded items from clothing to crystal flutes, all of which can be ordered online or purchased at the Graduation Ceremony.
A copy of the Graduation Ceremony brochure will be issued free of charge at registration on the day.
Lunch and refreshments
Please note that lunch and refreshments are not included. However, beverages and bar snacks are available to be purchased at the venue.
Accommodation and travel
Please note that graduates must book their own accommodation and travel arrangements. We have put together a unique HotelMap to help ensure that you find the best accommodation near the venue and always get exclusive special offers. Simply click here to start your search.
Note: All expenses incurred, such as travel, accommodation, lunch, refreshments, etc are the graduates’ responsibility.
For all enquiries, please contact the graduation team.