Event starts indays hours minutes 0 seconds
It's time for you to celebrate and reflect on your personal achievements at this year's CIM Graduation.
To ensure you enjoy this special occasion without a glitch, we've pieced together all the information you need.
This event is by invitation only and for graduates who have passed their last exam in July/December 2017 and April/July 2018 for the following qualifications:
- Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
- Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
- Diploma in Professional Marketing
- Diploma in Strategic Sales Practice
- Digital Diploma in Professional Marketing
- CIM Marketing Leadership Programme
Invitations to attend the ceremony were sent by email on the following dates:
July and December 2017
|29 May 2018|
|3 July 2018|
|25 September 2018|
Visa applications are the responsibility of the graduate. CIM is strictly unable to provide funding, visa letters or involvement in applications.
What happens next?
- Bookings are now closed for all exam boards.
- As a graduate, there is no fee to attend the Ceremony. Information on guests and the costs can be found below.
- Order your robe through Ede & Ravenscroft (please see below) by 19 October 2018.
- Purchase photography and merchandise (not essential).
- Look out for your programme which will be emailed to you on 16 October 2018.
Bookings are now closed for all exam boards.
All graduates who have booked to attend will receive an acknowledgement soon after and will be sent confirmation details and a detailed programme for the day by email on 16 October 2018.
Graduates will collect tickets for themselves and their guests when registering at the venue on the day. Please note that regrettably children under eight are not permitted into the auditorium while the ceremony is taking place but are able to wait with a guardian in the cafeteria until the ceremony ends.
- Graduates - free of charge
- Guests (up to nine) - £35 per guest (ie. max. £315)
Cancellation and refund policy
Guests tickets are non-refundable four weeks prior to the event. The last day for refunds is 12 October 2018. Refund requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is compulsory for all graduates to wear a robe for the Graduation Ceremony. The robe hire service is available through Ede & Ravenscroft. Place your order and payment directly with them online (see related websites) or over the phone by calling +44 (0)1223 861854. Please note we cannot organise payment for you. Orders for robe hire should be placed by 19 October 2018. When placing your robe order, please quote your relevant qualification in full as a specific robe will be allocated to you. It is essential for all graduates to wear a mortarboard.
Please ensure you wear smart business attire under your robe.
Specialist graduation photographers, Ede & Ravenscroft, will be available on the day of the ceremony. Full details are available on their website. You are able to book your prints in advance or on the day itself.
Lunch and refreshments
Please note that lunch and refreshments are not included. However, food items and refreshments are available to be purchased at the venue from the cafeteria.
17 November 2018
Central Hall Westminster
|09:00 - 10:30||Registration, robe collection and photography (see more details in the next section)|
|11:00 - 11:15||Graduates and guests to be seated in the Great Hall|
|11:30 - 12:30||Graduation Ceremony|
|13:00 - 13:30||Robe return|
|13:30 - 14:00||Close|
On the day
Please complete steps 1-5 below covering registration, robe collection and photography before 11:00 – late arrivals will not be able to take part in the ceremony.
Step 1: Registration - lower ground floor
On arrival at the venue, please make your way down the staircase on the right to the lower ground floor where registration will take place. Please have your confirmation email ready to show the registration desk where you will be given:
- Your registration ticket which will state your allocated seat number for the ceremony. Please keep this ticket with you throughout the event and ensure you sit in the seat allocated – this is essential so that your name is called out at the correct time.
- A ticket for each of your guests indicating which area they should sit in for the ceremony. Please note there are no specific seat numbers for guests.
- Your Graduation Ceremony brochure.
Step 2: Robe collection – graduates only
- Please collect your robe from Ede & Ravenscroft, which is also located on the lower ground floor.
- We ask that robe collection is for graduates only due to the high volume of traffic in this area.
Step 3: Guests waiting
In the meantime, guests proceed to one of the guest holding areas (one on the lower ground floor, one on the first floor) where they wait for graduates while they collect their robe. Please note that the cafeteria on the lower ground floor will serve hot food and refreshments, whereas the bar on the first floor will serve refreshments only.
Step 4: Reunion with guests
Graduates reunite with their guests to then proceed to the photography on the lower ground floor.
Step 5: Photography
After collecting your robe, if you would like an official photograph, proceed with your guests to Ede & Ravenscroft photographer on the lower ground floor. Photography will close at 11:00.
Step 6: Seated in the Great Hall - first floor
- The Great Hall doors open at 11:00. Please make your way to the hall on the first floor for seating and have your ticket ready to show the stewards. You will be shown directly to your allocated seat and your guests to the relevant area
- Ensure that your seat number matches the number on your ticket.
- Please be seated by 11:15 – you are required to wear your robe and mortarboard hat throughout the Graduation Ceremony.
Step 7: Graduation Ceremony starts
- You must remain in the Great Hall until the ceremony ends. Expected finishing time is 12:30.
- Depending on the qualification you have passed, in surname alphabetical order, the stewards will ask you to create a queue in preparation for you being called onto the stage. You will then need to return to your allocated seat.
Step 8: Robe return
All hired robes must be returned to Ede & Ravenscroft on the lower ground floor (where originally collected) by 13:30.
Step 9: Close
We hope you will have enjoyed your Graduation Ceremony and wish you all the best for your future marketing career.
Accommodation and travel
Please note that graduates must book their own accommodation and travel arrangements. We have put together a unique HotelMap to help ensure that you find the best accommodation near the venue and always get exclusive special offers. Simply click here to start your search.
Note: All expenses incurred, such as travel, accommodation, lunch, refreshments, etc are the graduates’ responsibility.
For all enquiries, please contact the graduation team.