Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice and support for Members
To help our members during these challenging times, we’ve pulled together a range of resources that we hope will be of use to you. As more information becomes available we’ll update this page, so ensure you revisit over the coming weeks.
New benefits for members
Graded member renewal offer
From 25 November, we are excited to extend the support package we provide to our graded members at renewal.
ACIM, will be eligible to receive 30 days access to the online Marketing Fundamentals. This course is designed to help professionals develop their skills and knowledge needed to plan and measure an effective marketing communications campaign and to develop other core fundamental marketing principles.
For MCIM, or an FCIM they will be eligible to receive 30 days access to the online Marketing and Brand Strategy course. This course is aimed for those who are looking to develop their strategic marketing planning skills.
Both courses are worth £249.00.
Become a Telegraph reader for just £3 for 3 months – saving £23
Enjoy expert commentary and analysis on the stories of the moment with award-winning journalism from the Telegraph. From Business and Finance, to Tech and Sport, read unlimited for three whole months.
You’ll get an all-access pass to Telegraph.co.uk, plus the full, daily newspaper on your phone or tablet, and to top it off, sign up to your choice of specialist, subscriber-only newsletters and enjoy brilliant money-saving offers.
Subscription offer open to UK members only.
Dell UK is proud to partner with CIM to provide a range of discounts on selected IT and other benefits to our UK members.
- 10-20% discount off laptops, desktops and accessories
- Access to highly trained Small Business Technology Advisors to help you with free advice to grow your business
Annual General Meeting 2020
CIM's 32nd Annual General Meeting takes place virtually this year on 04 December with voting taking place by proxy.
Graded members can register to attend the AGM.
• To join the virtual meeting, you need to register your interest here
• Once registered, you will go through an approval process. Only graded members can attend
• Once approved by CIM, you will receive a confirmation email with joining instructions and a link which is unique to you. This will allow access on the day
• 24 hours prior to the AGM, you will receive a reminder email which again includes the access link
• Simply click the link in the reminder email to access.
COVID-19 communication report
Thank you to all our members who submitted evidence as part of the COVID-19 communication report from the Government Communication Service (GCS). The full report, which contains insight and analysis on the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the communication profession, can now be viewed on the Government Communication Service website.
Government Communication Service career support
CIM has been working with the Government Communication Service (GCS) as part of their advisory panel to provide career support to communications professionals whose roles have been impacted by COVID-19.
You can access the new portal on the GCS website.
- Listings of communication roles in government available to communication professionals with government and non-government backgrounds. To register via the portal for relevant “day-rate” work within government please go to the registration page
- virtual career support, including mentoring and CV guidance
- a virtual professional development offer (free and paid-for webinars)
- facilitating secondments, shadowing and pooling resources where appropriate.
For more details, please visit the CIM Newsroom.
Business and personal legal advice
As a CIM Member, you have access to free legal advice through Law Express, one of the UK's leading providers of independent telephone advice. Available 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday, they can help you with any business and personal legal advice including insolvency, data protection, taxation, commercial law, employment, debt, family law and consumer rights.
Before calling, please have your membership number to hand and be mindful that due to high call volumes, there may be a delay in receiving a callback. To find out more, visit the free legal advice section within MyCIM (login required).
With both challenges and opportunities ahead, browse here to find a selection of practical resources to support you, whether you are looking for a new role or considering a career change. You can also search the latest vacancies from across the industry by visiting CIM Marketing Jobs.
- Redundancy fact sheet from Law Express
- The 7-second CV: how to land the interview
- Why you?: 101 interview questions you'll never fear again
- Starting an online business all-in-one for dummies
- Key words will get your CV past the algorithms
- 8 ways marketers can improve their resumes
Please note that Ebook Central resources can only be accessed via the tile on MyCIM. You must also be logged in to MyCIM to access EBSCO.
Our mentoring scheme is a flexible and open platform designed to match aspiring and developing marketing professionals to the experience and knowledge of a mentor to suit them. How your mentoring relationship works is entirely your decision and can be tailored to fit around your busy schedule or learning needs. The scheme is exclusively available for Affiliate Professionals and graded (ACIM, MCIM and FCIM) members.
Find out more about what you could gain from mentoring in the articles below.
To sign-up to our mentoring programme first log in to MyCIM then select the 'Mentoring Programme' option on the page.
We regret to inform members that we are currently unable to send the latest edition of Catalyst magazine to the following countries:
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
For those who are affected by these restrictions, the digital version of July’s brand-new Catalyst is available now via MyCIM.
Exchange – your information hub
CIM has recently published a range of articles to help you navigate the unchartered waters of the coronavirus crisis:
- Find out how coronavirus is impacting marketing recruitment and skills requirements in the CIM Marketing Podcast
- Discover how brands are bringing Christmas ‘in-home’ this year to retain customer loyalty
- Grow your professional community and influence with tips on how to network virtually
- Identify key trends in customer expectations that are set to impact marketers in the next twelve months
- Ensure your skills are up to date by prioritising professional development for your career
- Learn how brand priorities will be impacted in the coming year in our latest survey data
We’ll be publishing more relevant features and webinars in the coming weeks, so ensure you regularly visit Exchange to keep up to date.
Continue your professional development
Virtual delivery for our training courses is now available, so you can continue to learn from the comfort of your home. We’re currently updating our course information, so please contact one of our Learning Advisors on +44 (0)1628 427360 or email email@example.com for information on pricing and dates.
Our new ‘Digital Marketing Channels’ online course developed in partnership with Target Internet, is for anyone looking to develop practical digital marketing skills. Learn how to drive website traffic, improve conversion rates and much more. For more information and a 10% member discount, please view course details here.
Also, remember that all Exchange content, including blogs, webinars and podcasts, is CPD eligible, so you can maintain your learning even if you’re not at work. Visit MyCPD or use the app to keep track of your learning and development activities.
Business advice from the UK Government
- Available financial support for business
- Check Statutory Sick Pay (SSP): employer guide
- Coronavirus business factsheet
Advice for small business owners
- Advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed
– Federation of Small Businesses
International Marketing Advice
International businesses advice
- Advice for UK businesses trading internationally
– Department for International Trade