Aims of the module
Customer loyalty, the customer/user experience and customer insight are the core of achieving optimum satisfaction and retention. This module gives you an understanding of the contemporary customer’s complex needs and wants, their behaviour as consumers and how this sets their expectations. You will learn how to gain the insight required to understand those needs and map the journey to ultimately improve their experience.
The module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of assignment. By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Fundamentals of Customer Behaviour
- Understand the range of customer contexts in which the marketer operates (15%)
- Understand the key factors that influence customer behaviour (20%)
Unit 2: Customer Experience
- Understand the customer experience (15%)
- Know how to enhance the customer experience (15%)
Unit 3: Measuring and Monitoring
- Understand the range of research methods and metrics available to monitor customer experiences (20%)
- Know how to use and apply research approaches to gain insight and inform decision making (20%)
- The assessment will require submission of an assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
Explore the full Certificate in Professional Marketing qualification.
CIM level 4
Estimated study time
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre directly
Contact your Accredited Study Centre for the total cost of this module.
Below is the breakdown of the costs:
Assessment cost: £145 (£125 in International Reduced Rate countries)*
Plus Accredited Study Centre tuition fees
Plus CIM annual registration fee of £65.00**
*Discount available to members who reside in countries listed as eligible for an International Reduced Rate.
** The registration fee is payable annually for each year of the duration of your studies.
Please note: Fees are reviewed on an annual basis and are subject to change.