As a marketer, it is important to understand a number of key concepts and be able to apply them to your business environment. This module will give you a grounding in a number of core principles.
Aims of the module
This module provides an understanding of the key concepts and terminology used in marketing. It also gives you a knowledge and understanding of the role and function of marketing within organisations and explores the factors that can influence consumer behaviour.
You will identify key components of the marketing environment and develop an appreciation of how to collect and use relevant information. The module outlines the concepts and elements which make up the marketing mix and shows you how they are applied in context.
Three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria (weighting indicated in brackets). By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Discovering marketing
- Describe the role and function of marketing within organisations (15%).
- Explain the factors that influence consumer behaviour (15%).
Unit 2: The marketing environment
- Identify the key components of the marketing environment (20%).
- Know how to collect relevant information about the marketing environment (15%).
Unit 3: The marketing mix
- Describe the concept and elements of the marketing mix (20%).
- Know how the marketing mix is applied in different contextual settings (15%).
Assessment: A Multiple-Choice Question Examination
- The examination will comprise multiple-choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
Explore the full Foundation Certificate in Marketing qualification.
CIM level 3
Estimated study time
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre directly
Contact your Accredited Study Centre for the total cost of this module.
Below is the breakdown of the costs:
Assessment cost: £100.00
Plus Accredited Study Centre tuition fees*
Plus CIM annual registration fee of £55**
* Figures based on successful completion at first attempt; this price does not include the fee for any resits required.
** The registration fee of £55 is payable annually for each year of the duration of your studies. The above CIM costs are based on the qualification being completed within 12 months.