Since being granted the authority to award Chartered Marketer status by The Queen's Privy Council in 1998, The Chartered Institute of Marketing has been recognising professional excellence by awarding Chartered status.
Chartered Marketer status is the mark of an up-to-date, experienced and qualified marketing professional.
- Your name listed in our Chartered Marketer Directory
- Designation after your name
- Use of the Chartered Marketer logo on your personal stationery and website
Qualifying for Chartered Marketer status
To become a Chartered Marketer and be recognised as an experienced, qualified and up-to-date marketing professional you must:
- Complete 35 hours of CPD activity annually (1 July - 30 June) for a minimum of two consecutive years at either Member (MCIM) or Fellow (FCIM) grade and record your activities on your CPD record card for the relevant period each year. However, you can start undertaking your CPD activity at any grade of membership.
On meeting these criteria, you will be awarded Chartered Marketer status at the end of the second consecutive CPD year. You will also be added to the Chartered Marketer Directory unless you request otherwise. You will then be issued with a Chartered Marketer certificate to recognise your achievement.
If you are a member but not currently MCIM or FCIM grade, and believe you may be eligible to upgrade, download and complete the
To check eligibility criteria see Types of membership
or contact our customer experience team for more information.
Maintaining Chartered Marketer status
You should continue to manage and record your development to reach the annual requirement of 35 hours.
It's important to note that only 10% of Chartered Marketer's selected in the audit are required to provide a CPD submission with evidence. If you are a Chartered Marketer and you have not been informed you are in the audit, then the full 35 hours are automatically awarded to your records.
Chartered Marketer logo
This logo is for use by individuals to promote their Chartered Marketer status.
- It is for the sole use of the individual and cannot be used to represent the company as a whole.
- The Chartered Marketer logo may only be used by members who are current Chartered Marketers.
- The logo may not be used if membership lapses or Chartered Marketer status is removed.
- The use of the logo is at the discretion of The Chartered Institute of Marketing and we reserve the right to refuse use, or withdraw consent.
- The logo must always be used in the correct colours and be proportionally scaled - never stretched, condensed or recoloured.
- The logo must be used consistently and reproduced using the master logo files supplied - they must not be altered or redrawn.
To request the logo and a copy of the full brand guidelines for its use, contact the CPD Team.