Fundamentals of Project Management
Gain the confidence and skills to implement the key stages of excellent project management
Select a date and venue
If no dates are displayed, contact us on +44(0)1628 427200
This workshop provides an essential foundation for anyone involved in project management. With a focus on the steps required to scope, plan, implement and evaluate marketing projects, it provides the grounding required to deliver on time and within budget. We also consider the ‘human factor’, encouraging project managers to promote cooperation and mutual accountability within the team.
Benefits to you and your company
Project management skills are fundamental to all successful businesses. Ever-increasing needs for efficiency, cost effectiveness and results mean it is essential that marketers have the practical skills to perform at their best. This workshop provides those skills and for the organisation this means better project control, delivery, and confident marketers who take the inevitable challenges of projects in their stride.
Who should attend?
This workshop provides the perfect introduction to project management and is therefore suitable for anyone who is new to marketing or project management and would like some formal training to help build skills and confidence.
- Understand why project management is an essential skill for the ambitious marketer.
- Scope and set realistic project objectives, whilst managing stakeholder expectations.
- Plan a project and prioritise tasks within the plan.
- Implement the project plan and organise your team to work to deadlines.
- Work with the team so that they understand the role they are playing, the accountability they have to other team members and their part in a successful project outcome.
- Understand why evaluation is so important.
What is a project?
The Project Management Cycle Stage 1 – Briefing and scoping:
- Skills needed to be a great project manager?
Stage 2 - Planning the project:
- The essentials of a good brief.
- Setting the scope for the project and managing everyone’s expectations of what the project can achieve.
Stage 3 – Implementation:
- Breaking projects down into key work stages and actions.
- Agreeing the plan.
- Contingency planning and risk management.
Stage 4 – Evaluation:
- Monitoring tools to ensure good communication.
- Evaluation criteria - how successful the project implementation and outcome has been.
This course encourages delegates to discover learning for themselves. The course director takes an informal and friendly approach that focuses on developing skills and behaviours that are genuinely relevant when trainees are back in the workplace delivering projects of their own.
*Prices shown are exclusive of VAT. Prices include tuition, course materials, lunch and refreshments.
Lea Raudsepp’s career in project management spanned 12 years before her passion for people led her into a career in training. She believes that open communication, teamwork and respect for the individual are vital components of successful businesses. Her marketing background underpins all her training, allowing her to understand the skills necessary for individuals to thrive and excel.
Need to train a team?
All our courses can be delivered in-house to teams
of people (5+). Call us on +44(0)1628 427250 or
to find out more.