May 03, 2017
- 9:00 AM
According to Richard Groom of Peterborough Copywriting Bureau, it’s the process – and not necessarily the lack of writing ability – that most budding copywriters need to focus on. Get the process right, and you will be better able to produce great copy.
Richard has found that some copywriting seminars feel like beauty parades, typically showcasing examples of copy from brands with a quirky tone of voice. But they often include little in the way of practical tips for writing for your organisation.
This is why he has produced this workshop, which blends content on the words themselves (there will be lots of examples at the event) with the processes that are needed to create them. It’s about how to get there, as well as the end result.
Here are some examples of what’s covered:
• Gathering the ‘awesome’ information you need to write product copy that your target audience might actually
• Doing the fact checking that is a must when writing press releases – and everything else
• How to stop a blog from being a thinly-veiled one-sided PR piece
• Practical processes (not ‘best practice’) for writing email subject lines and blog titles
• Getting information from people who are far too busy to talk to you
• Developing the thick skin that every writer needs (do you hate it when people tear apart your copy?)
• What to do before you write a word to improve the likelihood that you will produce what your boss is looking for
• How to make imagery integral to your writing, and not just an afterthought.
Learn from each other, too... This isn’t just about passively sitting back and hearing Richard talk. There will be opportunities to try out some techniques, and to share your experiences and techniques. You can also email Richard - email@example.com - with examples of the copy you are most proud of and he will include them in the workshop.
Carry on the learning after the event. Attendees get free online access to an extended article that covers all of the subject matter from the workshop.
CPD category: Integrated marketing communications
Duration: 3.5 hours
Registration and networking is from 09:00; the event starts at 09:30 and finishes at 13:00. If you are a non-EU resident, please contact the Network Support team to make your booking.
- Studying member:£65
To speak to a member of our Network Support team, call us on +44(0)1628 427340.