Marketing is a key driver of success in today’s dynamic organisations. This module will give you an insight into marketing concepts and tools and how these are applied to deliver results.
Aims of the module
This module is about recognising the importance of marketing’s role in driving success and delivering results. It provides the knowledge and understanding of the function of marketing within the organisation and demonstrates how an appreciation of customer behaviour can enable effective targeting. It outlines an understanding of how external environmental influences affect planning and how information enables decision making, and the elements of the marketing mix and how these are applied to address market and customer needs.
Three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria (weighting indicated in brackets). By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: The marketing concept
- Understand the role and function of marketing (10%).
- Understand what influences customer behaviour (15%).
Unit 2: Analysis and insight
- Identify factors and trends in the marketing environment and how they affect marketing planning (15%).
- Identify options for gathering relevant marketing information (15%).
Unit 3: Marketing mix
- Know the elements of the marketing mix (30%).
- Apply and adapt the marketing mix to satisfy customer needs (15%).
Assessment: A multiple-choice exam (a two hour objective test)
50 multiple-choice questions to be completed in a two hour controlled assessment.
Explore the full Certificate in Professional Marketing qualification.