- The marketing concept
- Analysis and insight
- Marketing mix
- Customer context
- Customer experience
- Measuring and monitoring
- Internal marketing
- Value proposition
- Marketing communications
- The digital landscape
- Digital toolkit
- Digital in action
One or more of the following is required to gain entry to this qualification:
- CIM Level 3 Introductory or Foundation Certificate in Marketing qualification.
- Any relevant Level 3 qualification.
- Any UK degree or international equivalent.
- International Baccalaureate (equivalent to NQF Level 3 and above).
- Professional practice (suggested one year in a marketing role) plus diagnostic assessment on to Level 4.
If English isn’t your first language, you will also need to demonstrate you’ve achieved one of the following English language qualifications within the last two years:
- IELTS Academic Module with an overall score of 6.5 (each component pass mark must be 6.0 or above).
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English grade B or above.
CIM will consider other equivalent alternatives.
We use a variety of assessment methods for the CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing depending on the modules you choose. Assessment methods used within the qualification are driven by the needs of employers and practitioners, relevant and appropriate for business needs.
Face-to-face learning - We fully understand the time challenges of working life. Studying part time at evening classes or weekends can help get the right balance.
Distance learning - You can study remotely, with access to tutors and important resources via phone, e-mail and web.
Blended learning - This increasingly popular option allows you to complete your qualification through intensive online learning which is supported by prepared material, tutorials and face-to-face workshops.
We have an extensive network of Accredited Study Centres in the UK and overseas. These respected business schools, colleges and universities have all been approved and accredited to deliver CIM qualifications.
Notional learning time – this is the amount of time expected to take, on average, to complete the learning outcomes of a module to the standard defined by the assessment criteria and includes:
- Guided learning hours.
- Practical and work-based learning.
- Assessment preparation time.
- Assessment time.
Each module will take 130-150 hours’ notional learning time.
There are three assessment sessions per year. We would expect that one module could be completed within four months and the full certificate qualification (three modules) could be completed in a year.
If you have started a CIM qualification, you may be eligible to transfer to the new qualifications. Contact the CIM Customer Experience team (email@example.com) or call +44 (0)1628 427120 about transition options.
The costs depend on the course, the mode of study and the Accredited Study Centre. The total payable to CIM is £440.00 (£395.00 in emerging markets*) in addition to Accredited Study Centre tuition fees which are payable to the study centre. CIM costs include an annual registration fee of £50.00** and assessment fees for the Certificate in Professional Marketing at £130.00 (£115.00 in emerging markets) per module.
* Find the full list of emerging markets here.
**The registration fee of £50 is payable annually for each year of the duration of your studies. The above CIM costs are based on the qualification being completed within 12 months.
- Choose and contact your preferred Accredited Study Centre - Visit: www.cim.co.uk/studycentres to find your centre.
- Join CIM – To take a qualification, you’ll need to join us first. As a member of CIM, you will have access to a range of benefits and resources that can support your studies and professional marketing career. If you are already a member, just apply for your chosen qualification.
To join, simply complete an application form online at www.cim.co.uk/joinonline
CIM also offers the Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing designed for marketers working in an operational, supervisory or management role. If you have a marketing degree, you may be able to start at diploma level. For more information on entry requirements, please contact your study centre.