Fast-moving environments can present significant challenges and opportunities to the marketer and the organisation. This module will enable you to take a visionary approach and embed innovation through the lens of entrepreneurial marketing.
Aims of the module
This module outlines the importance of how taking a visionary approach and embedding innovation, can help organisations deal with the challenges of a fast-moving marketplace. It focuses on how an understanding of the relationship between marketing and entrepreneurship can enable organisations to deliver compelling marketing solutions. It presents the key factors in building and nurturing innovation throughout the organisation and within the marketing function. It provides an appreciation of the role of internal marketing in supporting a culture of innovation and in implementing change programmes.
Three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria (weighting indicated in brackets). By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Entrepreneurial marketing
- Understand the relationship between marketing and entrepreneurship (15%).
- Implement an entrepreneurial response to change and to delivering marketing solutions (15%).
Unit 2: Innovation
- Understand the key factors that facilitate and nurture innovation in organisations (15%).
- Apply principles of innovation throughout the marketing function (15%).
Unit 3: The marketing champion
- Understand the role of internal marketing (20%).
- Implement marketing-led organisational change (20%).
Assessment: Work-based assignment
A 16-page assignment of three tasks, based on a given scenario and an organisation of choice.
Explore the full Diploma in Professional Marketing qualification.