July 28, 2021
1:00 PM - Webinar Express
Vimto, the unique soft drink, made to a secret recipe, was first created by John Noel Nichols on Granby Row in Manchester in 1908. An oak monument, carved by environment artist Kerry Morrison, was commissioned to sit on the site in 1992 to pay homage to the purple beverage’s North West heritage. The monument sits on a lawn in Manchester University’s science campus, among other interesting sculptures including a statue of Archimedes representing his famous theory of displacement eureka moment. A combination of enduring brands and innovation is at the heart of the North West region’s entrepreneurial spirit and Vimto’s success.
Brand owner, Nichols Plc sells Vimto in 73 countries worldwide, with a significant presence in the Middle East and Africa. Vimto has a special place in the Muslim community, being a popular drink at Iftar, the meal that breaks the fast at the end of each day during the holy month of Ramadan.
Speaker: Emma Hunt, Marketing Director at Vimto
Emma has spent her working life at Vimto and will share insights into how Nichols Plc carefully nurture the Vimto brand in the UK and internationally from market research to the development of brand, innovation, channel strategies and more. Emma is no stranger to CIM having been CIM Northern Marketer of the Year in 2016/17.
The presentation will cover:
• The Vimto story in the UK and internationally
• The importance of market research and insight in entering new markets
• How to adapt an established brand to local market conditions - product, pricing, people and communications
• The importance of local market knowledge and selecting and working with the right distribution partners
• The importance of occasion and audience and how insights are helping the brand team stretch the brand into other categories
The webinar is kindly hosted by CIM North West and lasts approximately 45 minutes inclusive of a Q&A session after the presentation.
To register for this webinar please click here or on the image at the top of the page.
This event has now passed