Training Course, Membership, Assessment Services and The Marketing Shop Information Terms and Conditions.
This website is operated by The Chartered Institute of Marketing. Further details about The Chartered Institute of Marketing are given at the end of these terms and conditions.
Contracts formed between The Chartered Institute of Marketing and you as a result of using this site shall be governed in all respects by English law and you hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Registering with the website
The Chartered Institute of Marketing uses a registration based workspace area, MyCIM, which helps us to improve our understanding of you and your interests. This enables us to tailor future content to your needs.
The content of this site and content of sites linked to and from this site are provided 'as is' and ‘as available’, without warranties of any kind.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing does not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing does not warrant that the materials will be error free, nor free of viruses, defamatory, offensive, or other harmful matter. You assume the entire cost of any necessary service, repair, or correction.
The information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chartered Institute of Marketing. Neither should any suggestions or advice contained on this website be relied upon in place of professional advice. You are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts, instructions, suggestions and/or opinions given on this website before entering into any commitment based upon them. The materials that can be accessed from linked sites are not maintained by The Chartered Institute of Marketing and we are not responsible for the contents thereof.
Any reference to a linked site or third party by name does not constitute or imply its endorsement by us, and you assume all risk with respect to its use.
You agree to use this site for lawful purposes only and not in any way that might infringe third party rights or that might bring The Chartered Institute of Marketing into disrepute or ridicule.
You shall not use the website to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation or to disseminate any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold The Chartered Institute of Marketing and our affiliates harmless from any claims, losses, damages and expenses arising from your use of the site.
Copyright and Trade Marks
The copyright and all other rights in the material on this website are owned by us or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights.
As a visitor to this website, you may download a single copy of the material on this website on a single computer for your own private viewing/listening purposes only. Single copies of pages from this website may be printed out for the sole purposes of enabling the person printing the page to retain a copy for their own personal records. No copying or distribution of material on this website for any commercial or business use is permitted without our prior written consent.
No photography, filming, broadcast, alteration or modification of the pages of this website is permitted without our prior written consent except as may be reasonably necessary to use the website. Subject to this paragraph, all rights in material on this website are reserved to The Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Use of any software available for downloading from the site is governed by the terms of the license agreement accompanying the software.
All trade marks, service marks, and trade names in this site are the marks of the respective owner(s), and any unauthorised use is prohibited.
On certain parts of this website we may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to:
1. Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data")
2. Maintain and promptly update the Registration Data (by sending an appropriately worded email to the membership services team) to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you send any text, images, audio or other content to this website you accept that the files sent, and all rights therein, become the sole property of The Chartered Institute of Marketing and that we shall have the right to use that content in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all known and discovered mediums and for all purposes and we shall have the right to make it available to the public on this website and otherwise. All material must comply with the rules on User Content Pages, set out below. We may require you to confirm the rights granted in this paragraph and where requested to do so you shall provide all reasonable assistance to us.
User Content Pages - Rules of Acceptable Use
Any discussion forums or pages of the website where you are capable of posting material are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. Your use of these forums and the website generally is subject to the following terms which, by your use of the forums and the website, you are deemed to accept (and which amount to a non-exhaustive list of prohibited acts):
• You may not use obscene or offensive language.
• You may not place on the website any material which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or hateful or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate.
• You may not post any material on the website which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential.
• You may not post any material on the website which compromises the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself.
• You may not place on the website any material which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
• You may not place on the site any material, including images, belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it.
• You may not place on the site, or link to a third party site, any material where the use by The Chartered Institute of Marketing, or any third party licensed or permitted by The Institute, will give rise to any third party claims.
• You may not place any links on the website where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these Rules of Acceptable Use.
• You may not place on the website advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use the website for any commercial purposes (which would include using the website to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services).
• You may not place on the website any material that authorises, enables or encourages the dissemination of junk mail or chain letters.
• You grant The Chartered Institute of Marketing the unrestricted right to use, reproduce, translate and distribute any material you place on the site.
• Whilst we do not pre-screen submissions placed on our online forums, we do have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted to our online forums.
• The Chartered Institute of Marketing accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on our online forums by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules of Acceptable Use.
• You agree to indemnify The Chartered Institute of Marketing, its associated companies and its representatives and employees from any and all damages, claims and liabilities (including legal fees) and expenses of any kind which arise from your actions, statements, contributions or other submissions to our online forums, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from our online forums or otherwise from your breach of our Rules of Acceptable Use.
• Profile images can include a personal portrait or other non-offensive and non-copyright content, for example, company logos are not permitted. Inappropriate images will result in your forum account being suspended.
Removal of content
We will not view or edit or pre-screen any contribution that you or anyone else make to the forums or to the website generally and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that we are responsible for having made it available on the website.
We, and others that we designate, shall have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to suspend your forum account, refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the forums or the website without the need to give any reasons for doing so. Content objections
If you object to the publication of any material placed on our online forums (or anywhere else on this website) please let us know by contacting the technical support team and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
To buy items from the site you will need to have registered for a personal workspace.
Items that can be purchased on the site will have an 'add' box next to the item. In order to transfer this to your shopping basket enter the number required and press 'add', this will add the item to your basket which is contained in your personal workspace.
To complete the process you then need to click on 'check out', this will open the Workspace and allow you to complete the order process outlined below. All orders are subject to our terms and conditions (see CIM Bookshop terms and conditions on this page)
Entering your delivery address - You will need to complete your desired delivery address on the form provided; all fields must be completed in order to proceed to the next step.
Please choose how you would like your order to be dispatched. Please note that the address supplied to us within this section will be your delivery address.
Confirming your order - Here we require you to confirm your order details and postal details. If any details are incorrect you can amend these by clicking on the 'change details' button. When you are happy with the details, please press the 'pay now' button to pay for your items.
Payment transaction - You need to enter your card details here. Our payment service provider will complete the order transaction in a secure environment and automatically debit your account. If your order includes downloads these will be available immediately once your card has been accepted. Books and merchandise will be dispatched to you within 5 working days of receipt of your order.
One Day Workshops and Residential Courses Provided by Learning and Development
One Day Workshops and Residential Courses Provided by Learning and Development
Bookings can be made by fax, post, email or online and are regarded as confirmed bookings when made. An online booking form can be accessed at training. Telephone bookings should be confirmed in writing within 10 days and can only be regarded as provisional until we have received such written confirmation.
Written notification of cancellation of the course booking within 0 – 30 days (inclusive) of the course date, or failure to attend a course without prior written notification, will be subject to the scale of charges shown in the Transfer and Cancellation table below. The full course fee is due 30 days prior to the course date:
1. For residential programmes, the start date is the date the course begins
2. For workshops, it is the day of the course
Courses booked inside 30 days must be paid immediately. If payment has already been made only the remaining percentage of the course fee, after the transfer or cancellation charges have been applied, shall be refunded.
Clients may substitute the original delegate with another person at no extra charge. Written notification is required to substitute a delegate.
Written notification is required to transfer a booking to another course. Course bookings can be transferred without charge when notification is received 31 or more days prior to the start date of the originally booked course.
Where notification is received within 15 – 30 days (inclusive) of the start date of the originally booked course, a once only transfer is allowed with a 25% charge applied based on the original fee. The transfer charge will be 50% where notification is received within 1–14 days (inclusive) of the course date. If that transfer is then cancelled or changed at any time, the full course fee remains payable. Transfers on the day shall only be permitted when supported by a doctor’s certificate. In all other circumstances 100% of the course fee will be payable. Only one transfer is permitted per booking. Subsequent transfers or cancellations shall be affected in line with the conditions outlined in the Transfer and Cancellation table.
Transfer and Cancellation Table
No of days notice % course fee payable % course fee payable Cancellation Transfer 31 + days No charge No charge 15-30 days 100% of fee due 25% of original course fee 1-14 days 100% of fee due 50% of original course fee
(The original course fee is the amount that has been invoiced, ie this may show a discount if the delegate is a member) All late bookings, first confirmed within 30 days of the course date, will be subject to normal cancellation and transfer terms and conditions. Entry to the course will be denied if payment has not been received or prior written agreement has not been given.
All course fees must be paid in full no later than 30 days prior to the start of the course or immediately for late bookings. Settlement of the invoice is only deemed to have happened when the full amount has been paid and cleared. The Chartered Institute of Marketing reserves the right to levy interest or administration charges in the event of payments being made by instalments. This should be agreed in writing in advance; default on a payment due will result in the full balance becoming payable and possible removal from the course.
Bank Name The Royal Bank of Scotland
Address 28 Cavendish Square; London; W1G 0DB
Bank Sort Code 16-00-30
Bank Account Number 10193302 The Chartered Institute of Marketing
VAT Number GB 302 2509 13
IBAN code RBOSGB2L
Account Contact Tracey Sheppard
Telephone Number +44 (0)1628 427425
Early bird discount terms and conditions
- This 10% ‘early bird’ discount applies to selected courses and dates only. Each course date will have a specified valid from and to date.
- This offer is limited to the first three persons who sign up to each selected course date.
- CIM reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice by amending these online.
- Unless specified otherwise, this 10% discount is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
Accommodation and transport
Residential courses include accommodation from the morning of the first day of the course to the final afternoon of the course (unless otherwise stated on the booking confirmation), in a single occupancy study bedroom. Extended accommodation can be arranged at Moor Hall at a preferential rate, which has to be paid locally on departure. Any requests for extended accommodation should be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org For airport transfers please contact reception who can supply details of a local taxi company, tel +44 (0)1628 427500 or e-mail email@example.com.
Cancellation of course
The Chartered Institute of Marketing reserves the right to amend or cancel any course, course times, dates or published prices. Changes to course prices, times and dates will be advised before the course start date and any course already paid in full will not be subject to the increased price. As a course may be cancelled up to two weeks prior to its start date, we recommend that delegates do not make travel arrangements before this time. Any travel costs incurred are entirely the delegate’s responsibility. CIM does not accept any liability for reimbursement of travel costs.
All materials provided by Learning and Development remain the intellectual property of The Chartered Institute of Marketing and its partners, who assert their right to worldwide copyright and all related rights unless specifically agreed otherwise in writing.
Special requirements and dietary needs can be met and arrangements for personal religious worship or for disabled delegates easily made. Simply state your requirements at the time of booking and we will make all the necessary preparations prior to your arrival.
Training course discount terms and conditions
- This discount (JUNE20) applies to training courses booked and running in June 2018.
- Unless specified otherwise, this discount is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or member discount.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing reserves the right to remove any delegate from their programme should their behaviour be deemed to be inappropriate. This would result in no refund of course fees or other costs being paid.
- One Day Workshops and Residential Courses Provided by Learning and Development
The online membership application service is for new applications only at Affiliate Study or Affiliate Professional level. Whilst there are systems in place to reduce the creation of multiple applications and accounts, we cannot accept responsibility for existing members creating multiple membership accounts using this service.
The format in which you provide your name on your application is the way that you will subsequently be addressed, for example, on certificates awarded by The Chartered Institute of Marketing.
If you are already a member and wish to renew your membership, providing it has not become ceased, you can do so online by logging into your MyCIM account or by contacting the Customer Service team on +44(0) 1628 427120. If you are looking to re-join following a break in membership, please contact the membership department for details on how to proceed.
Payment for membership cannot be refunded once paid. If membership is cancelled part-way through a membership year, then no refund can be offered and full payment still needs to be made for the duration of that membership year. This does not affect your statutory right to cancel within the 14 day cooling off period following purchase.
Membership fees are subject to review and change annually, The Chartered Institute of Marketing may decide to increase membership fees at any time. All members will be made aware of such changes prior to their renewal date.
By joining members agree to abide by The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Charter and Bye-laws and to observe the provisions of the CIM’s Code of Professional Standards.
Payment may be made online by credit or debit card using the Stripe secure, online payment infrastructure. All major credit and debit cards are accepted and a receipt will be sent by e-mail from Stripe confirming the payment.
Please note that if you do not provide accurate details (including type of card and number) or if your credit card company does not authorise payment, your application will be deemed void. The Chartered Institute of Marketing will not accept any liability for costs incurred as a result of applications deemed void in this manner.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing will only confirm your application once payment has been authorised. On completing the process you will receive an e-mail to confirm that the application has been successful and the email will include your Membership number.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing reserves the right to request further evidence to support your application. If you have any questions, or require assistance, please contact the Customer services team.
Current CIM membership is required when booking assessments and submitting assignments/sitting exams.
For booking dates, please refer to the Important dates for students document found online in the MyCIM area for the relevant information on booking times.
Our Booking Assessment Policy can be found online in the policies and forms section of MyCIM.
To book assessments online please login to your MyCIM account.
All examination bookings provide a provisional exam venue, the final venue for your examination will be confirmed via email approximately one month before the examinations commence.
For students taking examinations outside the UK, additional local fees may be charged by the examination centre. Students are advised to contact their examination centre in advance for confirmation.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing or your study centre will offer you the facility to sit for your examinations, if this is one of your assessment methods. If you choose not to sit your examinations at the designated location, please note that you may be liable for an additional charge to accommodate alternative arrangements.
If you require the examination venue to be changed, you are required to advise us of this within seven working days of receiving your assessment confirmation letter. We will try to accommodate all requests wherever possible but this cannot be guaranteed. The Chartered Institute of Marketing also reserves the right to change the venue, wherever necessary. Please note there is an additional fee should you wish to change your examination venue.
If requesting a bespoke examination centre an administration fee of £35 applies.
All members sitting The Chartered Institute of Marketing's written examinations will be required to provide photographic identification to the invigilator along with a copy of the final booking confirmation email. For online examinations photographic ID will be required together with the initial booking confirmation email. Photographic ID can be in the form of a driving licence, passport or national identity card.
Please refer to the Student Assignment Submission Guidelines and Examination Guidance for Candidates prior to submitting your assignment/sitting your exam. These documents can be found in MyCIM within the Assessment Guidance section.
Once paid, assessment entry fees are non-refundable.
Before booking assessments, please check with your Tutor which assessments you need to book for the particular session. Refunds cannot be given for incorrectly booked assessments, or if transfers need to be made.
If an assessment booking is made and your circumstances then change you may be able to apply to defer your booking to a future assessment session, please refer to the Important dates for students document in MyCIM for further details. Please note if deferring that assignment briefs and case study are unique to each session.
- Reasonable adjustments
Prices for membership and assessments are valid from 1st July to 30th June but may be subject to change.
1. Attendance is free of charge for graduating students to attend the Graduation Ceremony on 17 November 2018.
2. The deadline for graduates to reserve their free place at the Graduation Ceremony, along with payment for any guest tickets must be completed and received by 5 September 2018. Students within the July 2018 exam board must book their place by 5 October 2018.
3. The maximum number of guests for each graduating student is three. Places are limited and are on a first come first served basis. Each guest ticket is £35 (zero VAT).
4. Guest tickets must be paid at the time of booking and are non-refundable four weeks prior to the event. The last day for refunds is 12 October 2018.
5. CIM is unable to provide assistance with funding attendance or accommodation for the event.
6. Visa applications are the responsibility of the graduate. CIM is strictly unable to provide funding or involvement in applications.
7. Tickets do not include food or beverages at the event. However refreshments will be available at the venue to purchase.
8. Regretfully children under the age of eight are not permitted into the auditorium.
Ireland Marketing Awards 2018
Rules of entry
1. By entering the awards, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them. These rules include any instructions set out with the awards details.
2. You may enter up to five categories, but each category will require a separate online application tailored as appropriate.
3. There is no charge for entering the CIM Ireland awards. You do not have to be a member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing to enter.
4. Entries will only be accepted if they are submitted on the entry form online and completed in full.
5. The responses for Section 2, A to D must not exceed 1500 words and word count as indicated in boxes.
6. Entries can be updated up until you submit, provided, the entries are received before the closing date.
7. Any entrants for the awards must be prepared to receive media coverage and this should be accepted as a condition of entry. Co-operation with the organisers to arrange PR opportunities shall not be unreasonably withheld.
8. Finalists may be required to submit a summary of their entry with logo and other visual images, without delay, for publication in promotional material. The organizers reserve the right to amend the copy provided if necessary.
9. All queries about the awards should be directed to the CIM Ireland Network Manager or the designated event management company.
10. Canvassing or any other direct communication intended to influence the decision of a judge is forbidden.
11. The organisers cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for the protection of right to their products/service.
12. The organisers will not accept responsibility for entries which may be damaged, corrupted or lost during submission or otherwise. Applicants should keep a copy of their entry for reference.
13. All information disclosed to the Judges will remain confidential. The decision of the judges is final in terms of any award made. The organisers will not be obliged to justify their decision or enter into any correspondence.
14. All personal information submitted will be treated as confidential if so requested and will not, subject to point  above be disclosed without the permission of the applicant.
15. Sponsors and their clients may enter the awards. However, sponsors may not enter the award category that they are sponsoring. The following will not be permitted to submit an entry: (a) Employees of The Chartered Institute of Marketing, (b) CIM volunteers serving on the awards committee (c) Judges with reference to the category they are judging.
16. Entries from separate divisions within the same organization or company are allowed. Agencies may enter work based on a client but only with the approval of the client. If multiple entries are submitted by an agency they should be in the name of the client. Only five entries in the name of the agency itself is allowed. Clients may enter work but must make it clear where work has been outsourced and seek the approval of their suppliers before entering.
17. The organizers reserve the right not to confer awards in a category if the standard of entry does not warrant it.
18. Entries are open to companies and individuals located in Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
19. Where the entry originates from a company whose Head Office is located outside Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, the marketing management (a team or group) must be in either Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. Similarly, entries are welcome from companies located within Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland which include aspects of the work outsourced to companies outside Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland if the project was managed from within Northern Ireland and or the Republic of Ireland.
20. Please make sure all your personal details are entered accurately, including contact details, as this will be used to communicate with you if you are selected as a finalist.
21. To complete your entry, you will be required to submit a company logo for all companies that form part of your awards submission. The company logo(s) will need to be supplied as a colour vector EPS file with all fonts/text converted to paths. It is important that you secure permission to use all logos.
22. Where web addresses are included within an entry, please ensure that any access details, usernames and passwords needed for judging are supplied.
23. If your submission contains sensitive information, you should clearly state this within your entry and advise the CIM Awards team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
24. Awards writing agencies submitting entries on behalf of/in partnership with clients should have secured the client’s/partners permission prior to submitting an entry.
25. Any submissions that are entered in to categories for which they do not fit the criteria may be either removed completely or re-categorised.
26. We reserve the right to shorten entry titles for the purposes of winner trophies. Please try and keep your entry title concise.
27. You are providing your details to Award Force, acting on behalf of CIM for the purpose of managing submissions. In order to process your entry, the details you provide will only be shared with relevant CIM employees, category judges and for our Ireland Marketing Awards, our event promoters, Libra Events. CIM or any of these partners (excluding category judges), may contact you via email, telephone or post in connection with this CIM marketing award event.
29. If you would like to receive marketing communications from CIM in relation to future marketing awards, you can view, update or change your marketing communication preferences at any time through the Award Force platform, by clicking on the Account fields in the Profile section.
Regional and Sector Interest Group Event Booking Cancellations
You may cancel your booking up to 7 days prior to the event and receive a full refund. After that we are sorry but we cannot take refunds.
CIM Summit 2018 │Unlock the power of marketing
Cancellations must be received via email (email@example.com). Cancellations made up to 24 August 2018, a refund of 50% will be given. No refunds will be made after 24 August 2018.
The Pitch 2019
‘The Pitch 2019’ Terms and Conditions
- We”, “us” and “our” shall mean CIM (The Chartered Institute of Marketing) a body incorporated by Royal Charter located at Moor Hall, Cookham, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 9QH.
- The ‘Sponsor’, is defined as the company who are in contractual agreement with CIM for The Pitch competition and event.
- The competition is open to teams of second and third year students at UK universities studying a marketing or business bachelor’s degree (level six equivalent). If students are studying business, this bachelor’s degree must contain a marketing module.
- Students entering The Pitch must be in their second or third year in university, as of 01 September 2018.
- Your team must consist of two or three eligible members only.
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- Your entry is limited to one unique and original entry per team.
- Employees of CIM and their immediate families are not permitted to enter the competition.
- CIM reserves the right to refuse entries which we consider to be offensive, or contain inappropriate/illegal material.
- You agree that your entry to ‘The Pitch’ will not contain material, including images belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the owner’s prior written consent.
- The intellectual property in all entries will be owned by and vest in The Pitch Sponsor and by entering this competition you agree to assign all intellectual property rights in your entry to them. The Pitch Sponsor does not need to obtain approval or permission to use this content and they have the right to use that content in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all known and discovered mediums and for all purposes and they shall have the right to make it available to any partner or the public.
- You grant CIM, the Sponsor and their agencies the unrestricted right to use, reproduce, translate and distribute any material or ideas included in your Pitch and to make reference to and/or publish any content or ideas through printed or online channels for all PR activities and editorial relating to ‘The Pitch’. You agree that we need not obtain your approval prior to any such uses of your Pitch. Accordingly, we reserve the right to take such action as we require to protect our position in respect of any claim or potential claim.
- As partners of The Pitch 2019, market intelligence content is released by Mintel for the sole purpose of supporting preparation for The Pitch. Any other circulation or use of this content is strictly forbidden.
- Upon submitting your personal information, you are providing your details to CIM for the purpose of managing your submission. In order to process your entry, the details you provide will only be shared with relevant CIM employees, the judging panel and marking assessor. Only relevant CIM employees will contact you, via email or phone in connection with this CIM competition event.
- CIM will not send marketing communications in relation to this or any other of its products and services without your prior consent. If you are a member of CIM, you can update your communication preferences at any time via the ‘Communication’ tab of your MyCIM account at cim.co.uk/mycim. Non-members can contact the Customer Services team in order to obtain the appropriate link: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1628 427120.
- CIM will not disclose your details to third parties for the purpose of receiving communications from those third parties, including relevant business information, unless you specifically opt-in to this type of communication.
- Entry in the competition shall not grant any rights in or affect the ownership of any of our or our partners’ intellectual property rights including but not limited to name, logo and/or trademarks, or those of our affiliates.
- By entering The Pitch and successfully becoming one of the top 10 finalist teams, you agree for your name and university to be promoted via social media channels, PR related activity, The Pitch website and CIM’s on-the-day brochure for the live judging final, either by CIM or any partners, either during or after the competition.
- Registrations to the competition must be completed by Friday 26 October 2018 (16:00 GMT).
- Marketing plans must be received by Wednesday 21 November 2018 (midnight GMT) via email@example.com. Incomplete or late entries will not be accepted.
- Your entry must be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org and entries made in any other way will not be accepted.
- After the closing date, entries will be judged by a panel who will select 10 team finalists. These finalists will be invited to attend a live judging final on Thursday 14 February 2019.
- CIM is not responsible for any expenses incurred such as travel, accommodation or food.
- The prizes per team are as follows:
- £1,500 for the team
- Winner of the ‘Marketers of the Future’ award at CIM’s Marketing Excellence Awards 2019
- A VIP ticket to CIM’s Marketing Excellence Awards 2019 for each team member (up to three) and one ticket for the tutor of the university
- One year complimentary CIM membership for each team member
- £750 for the team
- A VIP ticket to CIM’s Marketing Excellence Awards 2019 for each team member (up to three) and one ticket for the tutor of the university
- A ‘Fitbit Flex 2’ for each team member
All 10 team finalists will receive
- Specially-produced, finalists’ certificates
- Unless detailed above, the prizes do not include any costs for travelling, accommodation or other supplementary expenses that may be incurred by the prize winners in undertaking the prize.
- There is no cash alternative, the prizes are non-transferable and can only be taken by the prize winners.
- All prizes must be redeemed by 01 September 2019.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- Should the winner already be a member of CIM, there will be no refund of any moneys paid.
- CIM may contact the winning team to request the creation of a case study for PR purposes on The Pitch website.
- CIM has no liability or responsibility to the winners except as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- The successful placements of the top three teams will be posted on the CIM website, one calendar month after the CIM Marketing Excellence Awards 2019.
- Strictly no photography or filming of any kind can be undertaken on-site at the live judging final on Thursday 14 February 2019. Photography will be taken by CIM’s in-house photographer and Social team.
- All users must gain written approval/permission via email@example.com before any publication/use of CIM’s brand logo.
- CIM reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or withhold the prizes or temporarily suspend this competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
- This competition is being run by CIM, Moor Hall, Cookham, Berkshire, SL6 9QH.
- If you are found to have breached these Terms and Conditions, your team will be immediately removed from the competition.
- Except as expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions CIM shall not in any circumstances be responsible for indirect damages or loss of any kind, including loss of profit, business or revenue, arising out of or in any way connected with the performance or failure to perform these Terms and Conditions, breach of any express or implied term or warranty, or where the performance of any of our obligations to you is prevented, frustrated or impeded by any circumstance or cause beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation fire, flood, lightning, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, accident to or breakdown of plant, machinery, utilities, computer servers, telecommunications networks or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
- We do not seek to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our own negligence or for any fraudulent misrepresentation.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed in all respects by English law and you hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- CIM reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied Terms and Conditions on www.cim.co.uk.
- Graduation 2018
General Terms and Conditions
Please note that the CIM Information and Library Service does not verify the accuracy of the information it supplies; nor does it undertake any analysis or diagnosis of said information. Diligence and care should be taken when using the information. All services are subject to copyright law.
Liability and indemnity
Except as expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions we shall not in any circumstances be responsible for indirect damages or loss of any kind, including loss of profit, business or revenue, arising out of or in any way connected with the performance or failure to perform these Terms and Conditions, breach of any express or implied term or warranty, or where the performance of any of our obligations to you is prevented, frustrated or impeded by any circumstance or cause beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation fire, flood, lightning, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, accident to or breakdown of plant, machinery, utilities, computer servers, telecommunications networks or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
We do not seek to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our own negligence or for any fraudulent misrepresentation. Subject to this, our liability to you under these Terms and Conditions howsoever caused shall be restricted to the replacement of the item(s) or a full refund of the price as outlined above; our liability to you shall not exceed the total price charged for the items purchased.
Purchase (goods and service)
Click here for CIM terms and conditions of Purchase (Goods and Services).
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, the enforceability of any other part of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
We reserve the right at any time to make changes to Terms and Conditions and you shall be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you order any items from us.
These terms and conditions are in addition to your statutory rights as a consumer, which remain unaffected.
Contracts formed between The Chartered Institute of Marketing and you shall be governed in all respects by English law and you hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing
Tel + 44 (0)1628 427500
Fax + 44 (0)1628 427499
Registered in England and Wales
Registered Office: RC000886
VAT Registration no: GB302250913
CIM Bookshop Terms and Conditions
Learn more about CIM Bookshop's terms and conditions here
- Library information