Students and graduates from 130+ Graduate Gateway Universities are gaining a professional marketing qualification by taking advantage of the exemptions Graduate Gateway provides.
Graduate Gateway offers you unique opportunities:
- Exemptions reduces the number of assessments you take – to gain a CIM qualification – from three to one, if you gained a relevant degree from a Graduate Gateway University. Take advantage of this up to 5 years after graduating from university.
- Reduce the duration to gain CIM qualifications by up to 66% – Combine your degree with CIM qualifications and you may only be required to undertake one CIM module instead of three.
- Gain a professional qualification and save up to £300 in assessment fees.
Why study a CIM qualification?
- CIM offers a range of professionally recognised Marketing and Digital Marketing qualifications designed to develop core skills needed for modern marketers.
- Enhance your employability prospects – 60% of CIM graduates are more respected at work or given more responsibility. CIM Alumni Survey.
- Over a third of CIM graduates get promoted or receive a pay rise within 12 months of graduating. CIM Alumni Survey.
- Help to progress your career – 35% of marketing leaders have a CIM qualification – the most common after a university degree (46%). Hays, DNA of a Marketing Leader Report 2019).
- Our study centres offer flexible study modes, online and blended.
Get started by looking for your Graduate Gateway University below and fill out the enquiry form to get ahead in your career. If the university you studied at is not listed you can still gain vital CIM qualifications, so get in touch to learn how.
Step 1: Find your course
Search for a university to find your course:
UniversityDegreeQualificationExemptionsModules to Study
Completing my CIM qualifications through the Graduate Gateway programme was a strong factor for me. I found that being able to demonstrate professional marketing qualifications on my CV set me aside from other candidates.
Nottingham Trent University
I knew that I wanted to pursue a professional qualification after university and therefore the CIM Graduate Gateway was very attractive as it provided the opportunity to fast-track my development. It has been a great benefit to my work.
I feel a lot of my career progression is down to the practical skills I have learnt via CIM. Now being an ACIM, I have a professional recognition I can use with employers and for networking.
University of Hertfordshire
Studying the CIM module was challenging but highly rewarding. The skills I have gained have been transferable in the work place and have meant I have gained new competencies and been able to quickly adapt to my role.
University of Brighton
You can use the search facility on this page to find out if your degree has been approved by CIM and what exemptions are available.
Yes, however, you’ll need to discuss with your tutor to see if your university offers this. If they don’t then you can do it through one of CIM's approved study centres. You can search for an approved study centre here.
Providing you achieve a 2:2 or above (undergraduate) or a pass mark (postgraduate), you can study the additional modules via one of our approved study centres (tuition fees will apply).
You’ll need to register as a CIM member within 3 years of graduating to claim the exemptions and then you have up to 5 years from graduating to complete the additional module(s) to gain your full qualification.
Yes, you need to be a member to access the support materials, your membership must also be current at the time of submitting your assessments for marking. As a member you can also take advantage of other benefits such as webinars, great content and attend CIM events.
£65 per annum*
*Fees are reviewed on an annual basis.
a. At the Certificate in Professional Marketing level, there is one module to complete (choose from Customer Insights or Marketing in Action depending on your Graduate Gateway University)
b. At the Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing level, there is one module to complete (Digital Marketing Techniques)
c. At the Diploma in Professional Marketing level, there are two modules to complete (Innovation in Marketing plus choose one from The Digital Customer Experience, Resource Management, Managing Brands, Managing Marketing Projects or Managing Digital Marketing Projects depending on your Graduate Gateway University)
d. At the Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing level, there are two modules to complete (Managing Digital Marketing Projects and Digital Optimisation)
e. To find out more about the CIM modules, we recommend you speak to your university or alternatively, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0)1628 427120 (Mon-Fri 08:00-18:00).
a. Certificate in Professional Marketing (one module to complete) £150*
b. Diploma in Professional Marketing (2 modules to complete) £190 each*
*Fees are reviewed on an annual basis.
To have your exemption(s) confirmed you will need to send a copy of your degree certificate and transcript to email@example.com
Get in touch
We are currently having a technical issue with this form.
Please be aware of the following.
If your web browser is using 'Ad Blocker' technology this may interfere with the rendering of the form.
Please either turn it off temporarily, or add 'https://analytics-eu.clickdimensions.com' to any 'whitelist' it may contain.
Thank you for your patience.