November 14, 2017
9:00 AM - Bournemouth
This interactive session aims to provide the basic skills needed to confidently interrogate and interpret key performance data to enhance management decision making. Delegates should bring their laptops to the session.
We will cover the following:
• What do I/we need from Google Analytics - identifying and agreeing the priorities
• How do I find my way around - getting comfortable with the dashboard and navigation
• How do I understand what’s there - focusing on priority areas, interpreting the data and identifying website improvement opportunities
• How can I adapt it to my needs - setting journey goals and alerts
• How can I effectively share the information - creating PDF/excel reports for management
By the end of the session delegates will be able to:
• Interpret the Google Analytics dashboard and set time spans
• Navigate the menus to key areas of information (e.g. page visits) and correctly interpret the data
• Plot visitor journeys from entry to exit points and identify ‘hot’ and ‘cold’ spots
• Consider setting appropriate journey goals
• Export management reports and be able to explain them
Prior to the session delegates need to:
• Have full access to Google Analytics account (including ability to authenticate login)
• Bring wifi enabled laptop to the session
Workshop leader, Nick Day’s career in marketing has spanned more than 30 years, he’s worked with a wide range of organisations including British Airways, Royal Mail and Nokia. Nick has delivered the CIM Diploma and Certificate qualifications for more than 10 years at Basingstoke College of Technology (BCOT). He delivers a variety of marketing training courses through CIM and the Directory of Social Change and has delivered in-house training for many commercial and charitable organisations including Sony, Parkinson’s UK, Age UK and Amnesty International.
This workshop is suitable for members of marketing and IT who are responsible for website content and performance reporting.
CPD category: Digital integration
CPD duration: 3.5 hours
Registration and networking is from 09:00; the event starts at 09:30 and finishes at 13:00. If you are non-EU resident, please contact the Network Support team to make your booking.