February 23, 2018
9:00 AM - Edinburgh
Google Analytics is an awesome free tool that can help marketers take the guess work out of important decisions concerning the online marketing of their business. It provides a wealth of information about your website and social media activity, so that you know exactly where to focus your attention for best results.
There is so much data available however, that it can be overwhelming if you don’t know where to look and how to interpret the data. Consequently, a lot of marketers simply look at the headline metrics, without appreciating just how useful the tool can be.
This interactive workshop led by Alan Martin, Managing Director of Chat Marketing, will explore the Google Analytics dashboard, explaining the key areas and terminology in an easy to understand way.
By the end of the session delegates will be able to:
• Confidently navigate the Google Analytics dashboard
• Interpret key metrics and what they mean for your website
• Discover the most popular pages on your website
• Learn which pages are performing best in search engines
• Discover which social media channels are referring the most traffic
• Analyse how visitors are navigating your website
• Interpret the Google Analytics dashboard and set time spans
• Navigate the menus to key areas of information (e.g. page visits) and correctly interpret the data
• Plot visitor journeys from entry to exit points and identify ‘hot’ and ‘cold’ spots
• Consider setting appropriate journey goals
• Export management reports and be able to explain them
It is advisable for delegates to bring a laptop or iPad/tablet device to the session.
This workshop is suitable for marketers of all levels with responsibility for website content, performance reporting and social media. It is assumed that you will already have Google Analytics installed on your website and have full access to your Google Analytics account.
CPD duration: 6 hours
Category: Digital integration
Registration and networking is from 09:00, the session starts at 09:30 and finishes at 16:00. If you are non-EU resident please call the Network Support team to make your booking.