Release: CIM launches new online marketing course
CIM accelerates its e-learning proposition with new online digital marketing course
- CIM’s new ‘Digital Marketing Channels’ course is available online, with further popular courses to be added.
- The organisation is accelerating its online services to ensure members and customers can continue their personal development while drive revenue opportunities
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has strengthened its online training portfolio by launching the CIM ‘Digital Marketing Channels’ course, allowing marketing professionals and business owners to take advantage of the latest digital marketing channels.
CIM’s digital marketing courses are some of the organisation's most in-demand training options. This new course, developed in partnership with Target Internet, is entirely accessible online and features the very latest content and training techniques.
CIM is already well set-up to support customers digitally, offering webinars, podcasts and training materials, however up until now many courses have been delivered face to face by CIM’s expert course directors. As we move through our current social situation, CIM has been working to ensure marketing professionals can continue their learning and development and can take advantage of the latest channels.
‘Digital Marketing Channels’, which will be accessible from today (March 26), will offer 25 hours of online study and includes a comprehensive syllabus, including interactive learning, video classes, and a bespoke mix of audio support. Modules include video introductions from course leader Daniel Rowles and tests to help individuals track their progress.
The ‘Digital Marketing Channels’ course includes a comprehensive overview of key channels, including:
- SEO - optimising landing pages
- PPC - improve conversion while reducing costs
- Social Media - identify intermediaries and influencers
- Content Marketing - support customers on the pathway to purchase
- Display Advertising - increase awareness and conversions
- Email Marketing – optimise customer relationships
- Websites and UX – develop engagement and conversions
- Key Trends – identify future career opportunities
Course Director, Daniel Rowles said: “It was essential that we could offer this course online during such an uncertain time. Particularly for those trying to pivot their businesses to focus on online, and who need to continue building relationships despite social distancing rules.”
“Unlike most courses, this one is based in practical implementation, teaching how to deploy the channels, best practices and various strategies so businesses can start to take advantage of their learnings right away.”
Maggie Jones, Director of Qualifications and Partnerships at CIM said: “We already have a breadth of training materials and guidance online, but with so many organisations adapting to remote working environments, it is absolutely critical that we do everything possible to ensure that marketing professionals can continue to upskill and develop.”
To get started on CIM’s ‘Digital Marketing Channels’ course, visit: https://www.cim.co.uk/training/list-courses/digital-marketing-channels-online/
Notes to editors
For media enquiries
For further information please contact the Chartered Institute of Marketing press office at Good Relations on CIMTeam@goodrelations.co.uk
For CIM enquiries
CIM Head of PR and External Engagement
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the world’s leading professional body for marketing, with over 28,000 members worldwide, of which there are over 2,500 Chartered Marketers. CIM’s mission is to create a marketing advantage for the benefit of professionals, business and society with a focus on export, data and skills. CIM believes marketing is the critical factor in driving long term organisational performance.
CIM provides members and organisations with five key benefits:
- Partnership – CIM is a professional and organisational partner to support performance and career development
- Education – CIM allows individuals and businesses to continuously upskill
- Information – CIM keeps members up to date with the latest marketing thinking, and keeps organisations at the forefront of practices
- Connection – CIM provides access to services, expertise and peers
- Recognition – CIM is the global benchmark of professional competence
For more than 100 years, CIM has supported, represented and developed marketers, teams, leaders and the profession as a whole. There are 120 CIM study centres in 32 countries and exam centres in 132 countries worldwide. In the last year, over 7,500 people registered at over 230 UK CIM events. Find out more about CIM by visiting www.cim.co.uk.
For all press enquiries, please contact the media team:
An overview of CIM our history and services.
To receive sector specific news: