Release: CIM strengthens Scottish board with new appointments
CIM strengthens Scottish board with new appointments
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) have further strengthened its Scotland board, announcing a series of new additions to the expert line-up. Founder of Glasgow-based consultancy Flourish Marketing, Ellie Murphy, replaces Joe Pacitti as regional chair, bringing more than 20 years industry experience to the board.
A skilled marketer and communicator with a proven track record in executive leadership and consultancy roles for local and national companies, Ellie has worked closely with public and private organisations across B2B and B2C; including a diverse mix of clients from the professional services, transport, tourism, retail, charity, health and fitness, and food & drink sectors.
Keen to highlight the importance of marketing in Scotland, and support and encourage students to consider marketing as a career choice, Ellie said: “I’m fortunate to be working with an incredible group of marketers who, like me, want to help promote the role of marketing in Scotland, support education, and provide opportunities for all our ongoing learning and development, whatever stage of our marketing career we are.”
Meanwhile, Ewan Anderson, newly appointed vice chair of communications and associate marketing director for Scottish-based recruitment firm Eden Scott, will look to use his expertise in sports marketing and the tech sector to help grow the next generation of tech-led marketers, saying: “Much of my experience has focused on sports marketing, leading the team who delivered a great deal of the sports and major sporting events marketing in the lead up to Glasgow 2014.”
“I am looking forward to growing CIM’s position within the marketing community here in Scotland and ensuring we have the very best operators to drive our business forward.”
Ralitsa Arnaudova, events and marketing officer at the Scottish Institute for Enterprise; Ishbel Macleod, marketing manager at Hydrogen, Scotland’s largest dedicated social media agency; and Jill Davidson, project manager at Integrity International Events, complete the new look Scottish Board, joining existing members – each with their own marketing specialism – to offer strategic input and operational support to CIM Scotland.
Speaking about her new role, Ralitsa, said: “As one of the new CIM Scotland Event Ambassadors, I am delighted to be joining such a strong and diverse team of board members, and look forward to working towards further strengthening the events programme, ensuring we provide the much needed support for the sectors and individuals that have been affected the most by COVID-19.”
Chris Daly, chief executive of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, added: “These latest appointments bring additional marketing expertise and new skills, creating a better experience for our Scottish members and the wider marketing community in the region.”
“It is essential we equip the next generation of marketers with the right skills to navigate the cloud of uncertainty cast by COVID-19. The Scottish Board are committed to diversifying the events calendar and focusing on a younger audience, helping recent graduates prepare for what is likely to be a challenging and unpredictable future.”
For more information about CIM – the world’s leading professional body for marketing, becoming a member, volunteering, or upcoming events in Scotland, visit: https://regions.cim.co.uk/scotland/home
Notes to editors
For media enquiries
For further media information please contact Pelican Communications on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01457 820807
For CIM enquiries
CIM Head of PR and External Engagement
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the world’s leading professional body for marketing, with over 28,000 members worldwide, of which there are over 2,500 Chartered Marketers.
CIM’s mission is to create a marketing advantage for the benefit of professionals, business and society with a focus on export, data and skills. CIM believes marketing is the critical factor in driving long term organisational performance.
CIM provides members and organisations with five key benefits:
- Partnership – CIM is a professional and organisational partner to support performance and career development
- Education – CIM allows individuals and businesses to continuously upskill
- Information – CIM keeps members up to date with the latest marketing thinking, and keeps organisations at the forefront of practices
- Connection – CIM provides access to services, expertise and peers
- Recognition – CIM is the global benchmark of professional competence
For more than 100 years, CIM has supported, represented and developed marketers, teams, leaders and the profession as a whole. There are 120 CIM study centres in 32 countries and exam centres in 132 countries worldwide. In the last year, over 7,500 people registered at over 230 UK CIM events. Find out more about CIM by visiting www.cim.co.uk
CIM Scotland Board:
- Ellie Murphy – Chair and Founder of Flourish Marketing
- Martin Jordan – Vice Chair (Events) and Director of Marketing & Innovation at Equator
- Ailie Ferrari – Vice Chair (Education) and Founder of Really Engaged
- Ewan Anderson, Vice Chair (Communications) and Associate Marketing Director at Eden Scott
- Robert Moffat, Ambassador and Head of Marketing & Sales at FCT
- Veronica Lynch, Education Ambassador and Vice Principal External Engagement at Perth College UHI
- Ishbel Macleod, Communications Ambassador and Marketing Manager for Hydrogen
- Jill Davidson, Events Ambassador and Project Manager at Integrity International Events
- Ralitsa Arnaudova, Events Ambassador and Events and Marketing Officer at the Scottish Institute for Enterprise
For all press enquiries, please contact the media team:
An overview of CIM our history and services.
To receive sector specific news: