Aims of the module
This module provides an introduction to the main aspects of digital marketing.
On completion of the module, you will have an appreciation of the impact that digital technology has had on marketing activities and its effect on customers. You will have an understanding of the digital marketing tools available, how those tools can be used and how to develop digital marketing content.
Finally, you will know how to develop digital communications campaigns and how the effectiveness of those campaigns can be measured.
The module comprises three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of a portfolio/ assignment. By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- Understand the impact of digital technology on marketing activities (15%)
- Understand the effect of digital technology on customers (15%)
Unit 2: Digital Marketing Tools
- Understand the use of digital marketing tools (20%)
- Outline the development of digital marketing content (20%)
Unit 3: Developing Digital Communications Campaigns
- Know how to develop digital marketing communications campaigns (20%)
Understand how to measure digital marketing communications campaigns (10%)
- The assessment will require submission of a portfolio/assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
Explore the full Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing qualification.
CIM Level 3
Estimated study time
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre directly
Contact your Accredited Study Centre for the total cost of this module.
Below is the breakdown of the costs:
Assessment cost: £105
Plus Accredited Study Centre tuition fees
Plus CIM annual registration fee of £65.00*
* The registration fee is payable annually for each year of the duration of your studies.
Please note: Fees are reviewed on an annual basis and are subject to change.