Aims of the module
This module provides an understanding of the key concepts and terminology used in marketing. On completion of the module, you will have a knowledge and understanding of the role and function of marketing within organisations, and the factors that influence consumer behaviour. You will also be able to identify key components of the marketing environment and have an appreciation of how to collect and utilise relevant information about the marketing environment.
Finally, you will be able to outline the concepts and elements which make up the marketing mix and understand how these are applied in a range of different contexts.
The module comprises three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by the way of examination. The examination will comprise multiple choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
Unit 1: Discovering Marketing
- Know the role and function of marketing within organisations (15%)
- Understand the factors that influence customer behaviour (15%)
Unit 2: The Marketing Environment
- Identify the key components of the marketing environment (20%)
- Identify how to collect relevant information about the marketing environment (15%)
Unit 3: The Marketing Mix
- Understand the concept and elements of the marketing mix (20%)
- Understand the application of the marketing mix in different contextual settings (15%)
- The examination will comprise multiple- choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
Explore our Level 3 qualifications here.
CIM Level 3
Estimated study time
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre directly
Contact your Accredited Study Centre for the total cost of this module.
Below is the breakdown of the costs:
Assessment cost: £105
Plus Accredited Study Centre tuition fees
Plus CIM annual registration fee of £65.00*
* The registration fee is payable annually for each year of the duration of your studies.
Please note: Fees are reviewed on an annual basis and are subject to change.