January 31, 2018
2:00 PM - Bristol
CIM, the leading international professional marketing body, is holding its 3rd annual South-West conference - 'What next? Your Personal Career Plan'.
This conference is for both new and experienced marketers at the brand-new Bristol Business School.
CIM will be bringing together a range of recruitment and marketing experts to help marketers across the region to take the right steps to land their next dream job and plan their future marketing career.
Speakers at this year's event include:
Clare Kemsley - Managing Director UK and Ireland for Hays Marketing, Sales and Retail
Clare will present Hays Recruitment’s latest research findings. A report which explores the priorities of over 13,650 professionals across a broad range of professions and sectors including almost 500 marketing professionals.
Swarez - Artist, Blogger and YouTuber
In this inspiring talk, Swarez will share tips on how to build a personal brand.
Swarez will help us understand what a brand is, and what it is you want to achieve. He will teach us how to:
· Be genuine and authentic
· Tell your own story from a listener's perspective
· Match you to your audience
· Understand the power of honesty
· Use tech (blogging, SEO, analytics, Reading scores, images)
· Develop your 'voice', and how this attracts its own audience
· Keep things simple.
Kiran Kapur - CEO Cambridge Marketing College
Kiran will take us on an insightful and practical journey into the importance of vision and how taking practical steps towards establishing one, both personally and professionally, will help to shape our strategy, marketing plans and future success. Kiran will teach us:
· The reasons why having a vision is essential in modern business
· How to integrate the vision with existing business planning techniques
· How and when to craft a vision and how to make it believable
· Where and how best to communicate the vision internally and publicly
· How to integrate the mission statement and strategic objectives with your vision.
CPD category: Personal/soft skills
Duration: 3.5 hours
Registration is from 14:00, the session starts at 14:30 and finishes at 18:00. If you are non-EU resident please call the Network Support team to make your booking.