February 07, 2018
8:30 AM - Cardiff
Following on the footsteps of the sold out 'Search marketing masterclass', CIM Wales are bringing together prominent practitioners and writers in the second session of our 'Masterclass series'.
Social media has become an integral part of the media mix for most businesses and its use is no longer limited to brand awareness and message amplification. Recent developments on social platforms like Facebook and Twitter has meant that advertising on social platforms can become much more targeted, relevant and less intrusive.
The masterclass will explore how organisations and individuals can leverage the power and capabilities of social media to improve their marketing efforts. The session will build an understanding on how best to use social platforms to engage with your customers, which one to use and when to use it. It will also look into the role social plays in the overall media mix and focus on the right type of content for social media and what type of video and editorial content works.
The session is very much a ‘how-to’ session where delegates will take practical learnings to deploy social media techniques in their day to day practices. They will leave the session with a practical knowledge of tools that can imminently be deployed in their own organisations or that of clients. It will help provide frameworks and templates for setting up social media strategies for marketing. The session will also be looking at how the social budget can be deployed in a much more optimal way.
This masterclass is relevant for all marketing professionals, irrespective of the size of the company, and students looking to develop their careers in marketing and social media.
The session will allow you to learn the following:
• Practical tips on growing your social audience
• How to use social media to achieve outcomes that you desire (leads, sales, revenue, profits)
• Creating the ideal social media profile, especially on LinkedIn
• Understanding which social platforms are the best for your business
• How to create brand awareness through social campaigns
• How to use the new targeting features on Facebook
• How to build a community of prospects and consumers
• The tools and techniques to find your audiences on social media
• To better understand how to measure social media platforms
• How best to build your network through LinkedIn and Twitter
• How to optimally allocate resource and budget
• How to produce video content for social media
• How to incorporate video into your social media strategy
• How to tie social campaigns to business goals
09.15 to 10.00 - Helen Wild, Equinox (7 ways to get more out of your social media activity)
10.00 to 10.45 - Paul Rowland, Media Wales (The journalist’s approach to social media)
10.50 to 11.10 - Break
11.10 to 11.50 - Laura Crimmons, Branded3 (working with influencers on social media)
11.50 to 12.30 - Prab Chadha (how to get the best out of Twitter)
12.30 to 13.30 - Lunch
13.30 to 14.15 - Prab Chadha (how to get the best out of LinkedIn)
14.15 to 15.00 - Lloyd Morgan, Rockadove (creating video content for social media)
15.00 to 15.30 - Networking
CPD Category: Digital integration
Duration: 5 hours
For further details and individual bio's of our speakers please click here.
Registration and networking is from 08:30; the event starts at 09:00 and finishes at 15:30. If you are a non EU resident, please contact the Network Support team to make your booking.
**Please note, the student price relates to Graduate Gateway students only. If you are studying a CIM qualification with one of our study centres please book on as a studying member**