March 07, 2018
9:00 AM - Swindon
This interactive beginners session aims to provide the basic skills needed to confidently interrogate and interpret key performance data to enhance management decision making.
The session will cover the following:
• What do I/we need from Google Analytics - identifying and agreeing the priorities
• How do I find my way around - getting comfortable with the dashboard and navigation
• How do I understand what’s there - focusing on priority areas, interpreting the data and identifying website improvement opportunities
• How can I adapt it to my needs - setting journey goals and alerts
• How can I effectively share the information - creating PDF/excel reports for management
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Interpret the Google Analytics dashboard and set time spans
• Navigate the menus to key areas of information and correctly interpret the data
• Plot visitor journeys from entry to exit points and identify ‘hot’ and ‘cold’ spots
• Consider setting appropriate journey goals
• Export management reports and be able to explain them
This workshop is suitable for members of marketing and IT who are responsible for website content and performance reporting.
This workshop is a hands-on, practical session with individual and group participation work included.
Delegates should ensure they bring their Google login details and the ability to authenticate them. To fully participate, delegates should check that their Google Analytics account is correctly integrated and functioning ahead of the session. Computers will be provided, however if you have a laptop/tablet device please bring this along to the session.
CPD category: Digital integration
Duration: 3.5 hours
Registration and networking is from 09:00, the event starts at 09:30 and finishes at 13:00. If you are non-EU resident, please call the Network Support team to make your booking.