March 22, 2018
9:00 AM - Edinburgh
With the May deadline fast approaching before the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force, this full-day workshop will explain your responsibilities under the new legislation in an easy to understand way, and explore what it means for businesses and the steps that they need to take now in order to prepare for these changes.
When handled correctly GDPR represents an opportunity for businesses to increase consumer trust by demonstrating that they take data privacy and security seriously, but it is vital that they start making the necessary preparations now to ensure they are ready in time, or risk severe financial penalties.
The workshop will cover:
• What the GDPR legislation covers and why you can’t afford to ignore it
• The implications for you and your business
• The silver lining in the GDPR cloud
• The myths and distractions to ignore
• The four key areas of change
• How to get GDPR ready
• The implications for email marketing
• What GDPR means for digital marketing
This event is ideal for marketers, but GDPR should not be viewed solely as a marketing responsibility, and representatives from other areas of the business should be encouraged to attend.
CPD category: Risk and reputation management
Duration: 6 hours
Registration and networking is from 09:00, the session starts at 09:30 and finishes at 16:00. If you are non-EU resident please call the Network Support team to make your booking.