April 18, 2018
6:00 PM - Kendal
In 2003, CIM named Drayton Bird one of 50 living individuals who have shaped today’s marketing.
Sir Martin Sorrell of WPP, the world’s largest marketing services group says: “People all over the world have been lucky enough to learn from him” whilst David Ogilvy called his speeches “highly informative and hilariously funny”.
Drayton has spoken and trained in 55 countries for many organisations. His knowledge largely comes from work with many of the world’s greatest brands from Airbus to Peppa Pig. His book, ‘Commonsense Direct and Digital Marketing’ has been published in 17 languages.
Join us for a fabulous opportunity to meet one of modern marketing founding fathers, combining fine food with discussion and debate on marketing trends. Investigate in detail how to seriously improve your conversion rates and, ultimately, sales, in what will be a lively, informative and fun event.
Bring your own questions around the themes outlined below to question a true master in the art and science of marketing.
• Research – why you need to understand what makes your customers tick, and check out what your competitors are doing
• How to use this info to make your campaigns get results
• Benefits of using direct response media/channels
• Why and how mail works
• The role of Persuasion – tips and tricks to get conversion
• Copy – why this is so important and it's not all about search
• Time and testing – the role these play in getting successful results
Places are limited to 16 so book early to avoid disappointment.
The evening will start with a short introductory speech, followed by the Q&A, debate and discussion during six food courses.
CPD duration: 3 hours
Registration and networking is from 18:00, the event starts at 18:30 and finishes at 21:30. If you are non-EU resident please call the Network Support team to make your booking.