June 19, 2018
8:45 AM - Cardiff
After the sold-out search marketing and social media masterclass, CIM Wales are bringing together prominent practitioners, speakers and writers together in a marketing analytics masterclass. Marketing accountability is among the most talked about topics in the boardroom and insight and analytics is the one of the most sought-after skills in marketing.
The full-day masterclass will touch on various topics on analytics including data visualisation, business intelligence (BI) strategy, getting the best out of your digital data, attribution modelling, segmentation and the much talked about topic of machine learning. As with all our masterclasses, we will ensure that most of our tips and talks are tailored towards small businesses and there will be lots of practical tips and hints to take back to your work desks. The masterclass is very much a ‘how-to’ session where delegates will take practical learnings to deploy analytics techniques in their day to day practices.
The session will be relevant for marketing professionals, irrespective of the size of the company and industry sector, as it’ll give useful hints and practical training on how to best use data and analytics for you and your company / client’s advantage.
The content will be essential for anyone looking to deploy BI or analytics or work with analytics in some form in your organisations. It’ll also be very useful for senior marketers to consider the future with machine learning capabilities and how this can impact their businesses and for them to be proactive in sensing the market. It is also ideal for students looking to develop their careers in the field of marketing analytics.
Delegates will learn and take away the following knowledge:-
• What machine learning is and how to deploy it within your organisation
• How to develop and build a BI strategy
• What elements should form a part of the BI strategy
• How to sell in the concept of BI and data visualisation in your organisation
• How does good data visualisation look like
• How to create dynamic recency, frequency, value segments
• How to build segmentation and use it in a tool as simple as excel
• How to get the best out of web analytics platforms
• How to use attribution models
• How to make appropriate use of different chart types
• How to drive data-driven culture within your organisation
• Have a structured, consistent and hierarchical approach to KPI reporting
• Understand how to present and visualise data in an impactful way
• Get a greater understanding of the role that BI has in achieving a true data driven culture
• Get good insight into machine learning and its potential for your organisation
• Understand the practical relevance of machine learning in marketing
• Learn more about attribution models
• Get more out of our web data and understand which elements are important
• Learn the main challenges organisations face when trying to create value from data and how to overcome them
• Learn the importance of static and dynamic segmentations
• Determine situations where a dynamic segmentation may prove more beneficial to your business
09.15 to 10.00 Sameer Rahman, Chair of CIM, Wales and Group Director of Data Science at EDIT - Machine learning for small businesses
10.00 to 10.45 Sam Roberts - Quick start guide to becoming an ROI marketer
10.50 to 11.10 Coffee break
11.10 to 11.50 Paul Laughlin, Owner of Laughlin Consultancy - Data visualisation
11.50 to 12.30 Kevin Crowley, Head of BI at Julian Hodge Bank - How to develop a BI strategy
12.30 to 13.30 Lunch
13.30 to 14.15 Tim Wyatt, Head of Data Science at Sonovate - Developing dynamic segmentation
14.15 to 15.00 Richard Pickett, Head of Digital Analytics, at Royal Bank of Scotland - Using analytics to build a culture of test and learn
15.00 to 15.30 Networking
For further details and individual bio's of our speakers please click here.
CPD category: Monitoring and measuring effectiveness
Duration: 5.5 hours
Registration and networking is from 08:45, the event starts at 09:15 and finishes at 15:30. If you are non-EU resident please call the Network Support team to make your booking.
Please note, booking is essential to secure your place on the event.
Glamorgan County Cricket Club
The SSE SWALEC
- Member: £105
- Studying member: £105
- Student: £105
- Non-member: £135
The prices shown include VAT with buffet lunch and refreshments provided. If you have any special dietary/access requirements please contact the Network Support team.
Please book online for this event. If you cannot do so, please call the Network Support team on +44 (0)1628 427340.Tweet