October 24, 2018
9:00 AM - Basingstoke
Being found easily on Google is one of the greatest challenges of digital marketing. This computer-based session for beginners will explain how Google search engine works and provide the ‘hands on’ basic skills needed to improve your website’s performance in the organic (free) search results.
Topics covered will include:
• How Google search engine works and presents information
• Defining search engine optimisation (SEO), including black and white hat techniques
• Identifying your important keywords and phrases
• Creating the right page titles, URLs and meta descriptions
• Creating the right image alt tags
• Competition analysis
• Getting listed in Google Business and appearing in Google Maps
Delegates should bring their google account login details to fully participate in the session. Computers will be provided, but delegates are welcome to bring their own laptops. Please note, tablets are NOT suitable for full participation.
CPD category: Digital integration
Duration: 3.5 hours
Registration and networking is from 09:00, the event starts at 09:30 and finishes at 13:00. If you are non-EU resident, please call the Regional Events team to make your booking.
Basingstoke College of Technology
Speakers: Nick Day
- Member: £65
- Studying member: £65
- Student: £75
- Non-member: £95
The prices shown are inclusive of VAT with light refreshments provided. If you have any special requirements please contact the Regional Events team.
Please book online for this event. If you cannot do so, please call the Regional Events team on +44 (0)1628 427340.Tweet