Release: Shortlist revealed for CIM The Pitch competition
FUTURE TALENT: SHORTLIST REVEALED FOR NATIONWIDE STUDENT MARKETING COMPETITION
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing’s The Pitch competition shortlists top ten teams
- Judging panel includes representatives from LIDL, Printt and CIM
- £1,500 cash prize available for winners of the competition supported by leading brands, Mintel and Hawaiian Tropic
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has announced its shortlist of ten teams from across the UK going through to the final round of their student competition, The Pitch.
Now in its eighth year, The Pitch sees students from leading universities compete to respond to a live client brief in a bid to win the title of 'Marketer of the Future'. This year, teams put forward ideas to support Hawaiian Tropic’s drive to help young women feel confident and protected in the summer months.
The judging panel this year includes marketing experts from Hawaiian Tropic, LIDL, Printt, Mintel and CIM.
The shortlist will now be narrowed down to three, with the finalists being taken through to the 2019 CIM Marketing Excellence Awards on 11 April. The overall winning team will then be announced and presented with the ‘Marketers of the Future’ award.
Some of the university teams shortlisted include:
- Bournemouth University, B Emporia and J2
- Pearson College London, Co-Creation
- Birmingham City University, Evolve
- University of Central Lancashire, Helios
- Leeds Beckett University, Leeds Beckett Marketing Society
- Cardiff Metropolitan University, Met: à la mode and Met Marketing Masterpiece
- University of Strathclyde, Tropic Like It’s Hot
- London College of Fashion – UAL, Yodd
Gemma Butler, marketing director at CIM said: “We’ve been inundated with high-calibre applications this year. It’s been fantastic to get a glimpse of the student talent across the UK and we’re very much looking forward to seeing the finalists bring their ideas to life in the final held at Moor Hall on the 14th February.”
Ellen Grieve was a student at Strathclyde Business School when she entered the pitch with fellow classmate, Roxanne Colinet. Since winning, they have both gone on to enjoy success in marketing roles, working as a Marketing Assistant at Gordon Ritchie Marketing and a Brand Manager for FIXR respectively. Discussing the competition, Ellen said:
“Not only did The Pitch give me confidence in my marketing ability, it also boosted my CV. Having the opportunity to work on a live brief and put into practice my knowledge was fantastic and something I had not had the chance to do before. It was great to share our enthusiasm for marketing with respected industry leaders.”
Notes to editors:
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the world’s leading marketing body, with over 30,000 members worldwide, of which there are over 3,000 Chartered Marketers. CIM’s mission is create marketing advantage for the benefit of professionals, business and society with a focus on export, data and skills. It believes marketing is the critical factor in driving long term organisational performance.
CIM provides members and organisations with five key benefits:
- Partnership – CIM is a professional and organisational partner to support performance and career development
- Education – CIM allows individuals and businesses to continuously upskill
- Information – CIM keeps members up to date with the latest marketing thinking, and keeps organisations at the forefront of practices
- Connection – CIM provides access to services, expertise and peers
- Recognition – CIM is the global benchmark of professional competence
For more than 100 years, CIM has supported, represented and developed marketers, teams, leaders and the profession as a whole. There are 130 CIM study centres in 36 countries and exam centres in 132 countries worldwide. In the last year, over 7,500 people registered at over 230 UK CIM events. Find out more about CIM by visiting www.cim.co.uk.
For more information on The Pitch, please view here: https://www.cim.co.uk/events/the-pitch/students/
For further information please contact the Chartered Institute of Marketing press office at Good Relations on CIMTeam@goodrelations.co.uk.
iNews: CIM's opinion on Blue Monday21.01.2019
For all press enquiries, please contact the media team:
An overview of CIM our history and services.
To receive sector specific news: