Aims of the module
This module enables you to take a visionary approach and embed innovation to help your organisation deal with the challenges of a fast-moving marketplace. You will be able to understand the relationship between marketing and innovation and recognise the key factors in building and nurturing innovation within the marketing function. You will also be able to use internal and external marketing in supporting a specific innovation.
The module comprises three units of two to three learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of assignment. By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Innovation
- Understand how innovation and disruption are influencing organisational growth (15%)
- Assess the key factors that facilitate innovation in organisations (15%)
Unit 2: Innovative Marketing
- Apply principles of innovation throughout the marketing function (20%)
- Develop a business case for a marketing related innovation (20%)
Unit 3: Innovation in Action
- Understand the activities required for the implementation of innovative marketing (15%)
- Develop a plan for the communication of innovation (15%)
- The assessment will require submission of an assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
Explore the full Diploma in Professional Marketing qualification.
CIM level 6
Estimated study time
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre directly
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre for the total cost of this module.
Below is a breakdown of the studying costs for this module:
- £190 assessment fee, payable to CIM. Assessment fee for students who reside in countries eligible for an international reduced rate is £150.
- Plus CIM Studying Member fee of £65, payable annually for each year of the duration of your studies.
- Plus Accredited Study Centre tuition fees.
Please note: fees are reviewed on an annual basis and are subject to change.