Aims of the module
This module will enable you to take both a traditional and digital strategic approach to marketing planning, integrating digital strategy, models, frameworks and techniques throughout to achieve competitive advantage.
You will be able to recognise the significance of situation analysis and use techniques to assess the external and internal environments that enable effective decision making. You will also be able to apply all stages within the marketing planning process – from the audit, through strategic decision making, to implementation of plans across both traditional and digital channels.
Finally, you will learn how to manage resources and employ monitoring and measurement techniques that enable the achievement of strategic marketing objectives.
The module comprises three units of two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of assignment. By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Situation Analysis
- Understand how to analyse an organisation’s current and future internal and external environments (15%)
- Interpret relevant information and insights to recommend and inform strategic decision making (15%)
Unit 2: Planning
- Develop marketing objectives and strategy to deliver organisational objectives (20%)
- Develop a strategic marketing plan and a supporting marketing mix to deliver marketing objectives (20%)
Unit 3: Implementation and Control
- Define the resources required to deliver the strategic marketing plan (15%)
- Apply the results of monitoring and measurements, and adapt the marketing plan for continuous improvement (15%)
- The assessment will require submission of an assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
Explore our Level 6 qualifications here.
CIM level 6
Estimated study time
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre directly
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre for the total cost of this module.
Below is a breakdown of the studying costs for this module:
- £190 assessment fee, payable to CIM. Assessment fee for students who reside in countries eligible for an international reduced rate is £150.
- Plus CIM Studying Member fee of £65, payable annually for each year of the duration of your studies.
- Plus Accredited Study Centre tuition fees.
Please note: fees are reviewed on an annual basis and are subject to change.