Digital marketing has evolved from a set of tactical actions into a significant element of strategy. This module provides insight and in-depth consideration into how organisations can implement digital marketing capabilities into strategic marketing planning.
Aims of the module
This module outlines how understanding and analysing the macro and micro-environments can enable organisations to assess the impact of the disruptive digital landscape in delivering objectives, to develop strategic recommendations and how creating digital marketing mixes can enable organisations to respond with agility to market needs. It examines how the management of digital channels and the application of key digital measures help to achieve business objectives.
Three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria (weighting indicated in brackets).
By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Digital Disruption
- Understand the strategic implications of the disruptive digital environment (10%).
- Generate relevant insights into key emerging themes within the digital marketing environment (20%).
Unit 2: Digital Planning
- Develop strategic recommendations in order to acquire, convert and retain customers (20%).
- Deliver an agile response to changing customer behaviours (20%).
Unit 3: Delivering Success
- Manage and optimise key channels and content within a digitally enhanced strategic plan (20%).
- Apply key digital measures to analyse social, sentiment, search and site behaviour (10%).
- Assessed by assignment based on a given scenario and an organisation of choice.
Explore the full Diploma in Professional Marketing qualification.
CIM level 6
Estimated study time
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre directly
Please contact your Accredited Study Centre for the total cost of this module.
Below is a breakdown of the studying costs for this module:
- £185 assessment fee, payable to CIM (from April 2020 assessments onwards, this fee will increase to £190). Assessment fee for students who reside in countries eligible for an international reduced rate is £145 (from April 2020 assessments onwards, this international reduced rate will increase to £150).
- Plus CIM Studying Member fee of £65, payable annually for each year of the duration of your studies.
- Plus Accredited Study Centre tuition fees.