Release: CIM launches Export Ready Knowledge Hub for SMEs
SME SUCCESS BEYOND BREXIT: CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF MARKETING LAUNCHES ONLINE HUB FOR EXPORTING COUNSEL
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) launches a knowledge hub to help SMEs open up foreign markets and sell British products abroad.
- Initiative follows Export Ready research, supported by the Department for International Trade, which highlighted the complacency of businesses to exporting challenges.
In early 2019, the Chartered Institute of Marketing launched its Export Ready Knowledge Hub, designed to provide SMEs with the essential marketing know-how to achieve long-term exporting success. The site was launched in response to CIM research which found that a majority of small firms trading abroad had yet to develop an exporting strategy.
CIM is calling on the UK’s 5.7 million SMEs to assess their readiness to export and play their part in delivering on the government’s ambition to raise the UK’s exports from 30% to 35% as a share of GDP.
The Export Ready Knowledge Hub can be found on the Chartered Institute of Marketing website here. It offers exclusive content from international experts on how to export to regions such as America and the Middle East, and how to build trust internationally. Articles live on the site at present include:
- Exporting to the USA
- Exporting to the UAE
- Exporting to the Middle East
- Advice for North East SMEs looking to export
- Building trust internationally
CIM’s Export Ready research published last year identified access to the right marketing skills and having the know-how to adapt marketing strategies for different markets as particular problem areas.
The Hub currently offers:
- Expert advice from leading international marketers already exporting around the world, including marketers from America and the UAE.
- Opportunities to develop professional skills through training courses specifically designed with exporting in mind, including Business Negotiation Skills and Brand Masterclass
- Resources to guide the creation of an effective export marketing strategy
- Latest news, feature articles and interviews with CIM members.
Chris Daly, CEO, Chartered Institute of Marketing said:
“It is easy to fixate on the ifs and whens of Brexit but business leaders need to look beyond and assess their readiness for overseas trade. Our new Export Ready Knowledge Hub will serve as an important resource for the UK’s SME community in addressing new markets.
“Marketing has a central role to play in meeting the Government’s exporting ambition and it is imperative that we support our members, and equip the business community with the right skills to succeed.”
The Chartered Institute of Marketing is encouraging businesses to sign up to its Export Ready campaign, and urging organisations to be more proactive in their approach to exporting.
For further information please contact the Chartered Institute of Marketing press office at Good Relations on CIMTeam@goodrelations.co.uk
Notes to editors:
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the world’s leading professional marketing body, with over 28,000 members worldwide, of which there are over 3,000 Chartered Marketers. CIM’s mission is to create marketing advantage for the benefit of professionals, business and society with a focus on export, data and skills. It believes marketing is the critical factor in driving long term organisational performance.
CIM provides members and organisations with five key benefits:
- Partnership – CIM is a professional and organisational partner to support performance and career development
- Education – CIM allows individuals and businesses to continuously upskill
- Information – CIM keeps members up to date with the latest marketing thinking, and keeps organisations at the forefront of practices
- Connection – CIM provides access to services, expertise, peers and networking
- Recognition – CIM is the recognised global benchmark of professional competence
For more than 100 years, CIM has supported, represented and developed marketers, teams, leaders and the profession as a whole. There are 130 CIM study centres in 36 countries and exam centres in 132 countries worldwide. In the last year, over 7,500 people registered at over 230 UK CIM events. Find out more about CIM by visiting www.cim.co.uk.
About the Export Ready Hub
To access the Export Ready Hub, please visit: http://www.cim.co.uk/exportready
For all press enquiries, please contact the media team:
An overview of CIM our history and services.
To receive sector specific news:Error loading Partial View script (file: ~/Views/MacroPartials/InsertUmbracoForm.cshtml)